jcj785

Where is the PCUT driver? It's not on the enclosed CD. Where can I get it?

I bought a Creation CTN630E, but I'm having trouble finding a driver.  Apparently it's not on the CD that was sent.  I need a driver to start using it.  Can anybody out there guide me in the right direction?  Thanks.

if you got the same CD package that my brother got with his cutter,the driver is on there.He had his up and cutting in about 10 minutes.And when it comes to computers,he knows almost nothing.

Thanks for replying Tater.  Where is the "Creation PCut CTE630 HPGL driver" you mention?  Is there somewhere I can download it?  The closest thing to that description on the CD ROM is a filed called HPGL_0412.exe, but when executed, it brings up Easy Send 1.1.

Please be very specific when replying, as I'm trying to solve a problem here. 

I am a bit confused as to what exactly you are trying to do. You should not need to hunt for a driver,or click on any .exe file.

Open Signblazer,click on CUTTER...next screen,at the top,click on SETUP

the very first thing you see in the box is CUTTER. Pick the cutter that you have. Creation PcutCTE630hpg l(like tater said).Select it. Click save,or ok.

That is how you chose the driver.

Thanks for the reply, I assumed the driver was on the blue disc--the one that looks like it has a driver on it, but I haven't been able to get anything useful out of that cd.  I installed SignBlazer, but I can't get it to cut at all, probably because it only shows my Canon printer as the only available printer.  What's worse is, my computer gives a blue screen error when I have the PCut hooked up and I'm trying to add it as another printer.

So my questions are:  Should this install just like another printer?  If so, I'd like for somebody to tell me where the driver can be found online, preferably one that auto-installs.  What am I missing here?, I'm not able to use the cutter yet.

Additionally, if I need to move SignBlazer to another computer and re-register it there, how do I first unregister it on the first computer?

OK Ok ok... I got it now...

You are trying to 'PRINT' your design...

Well, that probably isnt going to work... These are cutters, not printers...

So, you goto file, then print... Bad idea, unless you want to print, then good idea.

Right directly underneath "PRINT"... There is a option of "CUTTER"...

Maybe you should try looking there, that is, if you are trying to cut something...

:crash: :wall: :throw: :idea:

This is all covered in the print out sent with the cutter the first line reads "Thank you for your purchase!".

NO it is not setup like a printer, it won't show up in Printers and Faxes.

Basically you will install the drivers with the blue disk when the computer finds new hardware when you first plug the cutter in. There is a lot more to it so you really need to find that sheet of paper.

You are also welcome to phone me for assistance if needed.  425-284-2282 or 866-789-2919

im having the same problem and when i put the blue disc in nothing will download and i cant find out why      any ideas?

the blue disc, i believe is the drivers for your USB, if you are not using USB, you dont need any drivers...

The PCut only uses USB, so that blue disk is your USB drivers. When you plug in your USB cable, you should get the Found New Hardware wizard, then tell the wizard to look on that disk for the drivers. You could also unplug the cable then go to www.uscutter.com and click on Downloads, then Refine downloads and run the top selection. Once installed, just plug the cable back in and you should have the driver installed. You will now just need to check your device manager under the ports category to see which COM port # was assigned to your USB.