dustinjtrr

So what are your pet peeves?

does that bring up the saying " tongue in cheek " ?  :thumbsup:

Guest stunad, jr.

I am in no position to correct people's grammar or spelleng.

LOL :thumbsup:

DOH!

my pet peeve is post whoers.. people posting anything just to get there post number up

People asking REALLY stupid questions. I just look at them-  ;)

"Here's you're sign" ;)

You have already covered most of mine

But the worst one is dumb asses that cant drive

women that leave the toilet seat down. the way i look at it, if i have to put it down why can'y they put it up.

women that leave the toilet seat down. the way i look at it, if i have to put it down why can'y they put it up.

AMEN

;D ;D  :thumbsup:

Ok, I've taught English to grade school students for 34 years, so I can't skip this topic...My biggest pet peeve has to be when I hear educated, grown people say, "continue on".... That one has bothered me since I was in junior high...If continue means to go on, why does everyone want to add the on? Not a big deal, but really bugs me.LOL  I hear this phrase on television constantly.....Sandy

I actually think that became pop slang because of Tv . I remember lawyer type shows with the lawyer saying " continue on " to the person in the witness chair ( Perry Mason :thumbsup: )  . As you said , " continue " would be correct . I thought english  teachers were bound to hate the use & misuse of " your " & you'r ' the most ;D  ;D

Well after thinking about this thread a little (very little  :)) here is my pet peeve. People posting questions and not using the spell checker. Come on, it underlines the mistakes and all you have to do is right click on the word to correct it.

( Perry Mason)
Ole Iron Sides  :)

or to and too

When I was a freshman in the dorms at Ohio State I had two different international students (one German, one Indian) tell me that they thought the word "too" made people sound dumb.  Ever since then I have noticed that most people who speak english as a second language and didn't learn it here use "as well" instead of "too".  It doesn't bother me in any way, but I always thought that was interesting. 

That is interesting, I've never thought about it since English is my first, well only, language. But I guess I can see their point, "too" being informal compared to "as well".

I've never given a thought to our use of "too "either... I'm telling you, Oklahoma has the poorest grammar in the U.S......It's really hard to try to teach kids good grammar when they never hear it.....I done my work sounds great to them.lol  I seen the dog.....works for them.....lol    Sandy

Well after thinking about this thread a little (very little  ;D) here is my pet peeve. People posting questions and not using the spell checker. Come on, it underlines the mistakes and all you have to do is right click on the word to correct it.

( Perry Mason)
Ole Iron Sides  :o

WHAT , there is a spell checker here ? Please tell me how to find it  ;D I have a handheld spellchecker from Radio Shack that I use . I still make mistakes  :o

Yep , Iron Sides . Not being anti anything here & don't think I will be offending anybody , gay or straight . I would never have thought Raymond Burr was gay . Bill O'Rielly busted him out recently . Same with Rock Hudson ( except O'Riely didn't bust him out ).

Thor , That was good & funny . I enjoyed reading it & would like for you to continue  :thumbsup:    :huh:

OK , GEEZ . U R NO fun  :huh:

or to and too

When I was a freshman in the dorms at Ohio State I had two different international students (one German, one Indian) tell me that they thought the word "too" made people sound dumb.  Ever since then I have noticed that most people who speak english as a second language and didn't learn it here use "as well" instead of "too".  It doesn't bother me in any way, but I always thought that was interesting. 

Interesting ... Even the deaf that sign in ASL use "too" too.  :D