F1Audio

MH-871 Cutter moves but blade doesnt lower

Cutter moves but blade doesnt lower to cut vinyl! Only used t like to times. Worked awesome but this is happening? Only 2 months old if that! Just moved into new shop and started using it today and now its not working, please help

remove the cover of the carriage.There should be a rod type thing that goes into the blade holder that lowers it. I have seen it slip out. Just stick it back in.

There's a type of cooper coil cylinder, where is the rod? And i think it may be connected, bc when you push down on the holder the inside cylinder moves. I dont think its getting signal or power to control the arm from the cutter its self.... I dunno

my pcut does that if I tighten the blade holder screw all the way tight, it sticks though too far and rubs the coil housing...

Dont believe thats possible with mine, the blade holder's screw  when tightened expands outward away from the whole thing

Oh and another thing, just before this signblazer or the cutter would freeze half way or partially thru the cut. I dunno whats up with this thing

With all of the problems you are having, I am leaning towards a motherboard issue.

Yep, that's me, and I see that you called back, so I should be trying you back again shortly.

I have the same issue what is the solution .but mine is go up and down but not putting enough pressure please help me with this 

What do you have the pressure set to?

Do you have the blade set correctly?

Is the cutting strip still good?

Is the blade holder properly seating and secure?

10 hours ago, darcshadow said:

What do you have the pressure set to?

Do you have the blade set correctly?

Is the cutting strip still good?

Is the blade holder properly seating and secure?

try every setting even all the way up

i have the same same 871 before thats why i bought another one but this one not working as it should