Sign in to follow this  
breedapart2

Need Help Choosing Please.

Hello,

I want to buy a vinyl cutter, and I have narrowed it down to three that are affordable for me but, I would like to know if the "Laserpoint 24" is the only "value" contour cutter. The three that I have chosen are; the PCUT, MH721 and the laserpoint 24. I would like a unit to cut contour. Can the PCUT and MH721 contour cut? Thank you for your help.

Guest fivestar

Short answer, no.  Long answer, yes.  But laserpoint is the only "budget contour cutter".

Thank you fivestar. I assume your answer would mean that the easiest to learn, and to operate no frills contour cutter would be the laserpoint. I don't know anything about cutters. I suppose I have no business jumping into it but, I want to be able to cut heat transfers for my softball team, my kids hockey, various household vinyl graphics, etc. I wanted to be able to print out a picture on my printer and have the cutter cut out the excess. Like the Superman logo as an example. Small home projects. I looked at the "Crikut" but, it is very limited when it comes to graphics and fonts. Kind of "cheesy" if you ask me. I don't want to have to buy fifty different cartridges for just a few fonts. Anyways, I hate to be a pest but, can a laymen such as myself without any other equipment and software be able to contour cut with other than the laserpoint? Cost IS an issue for me. I appreciate your valuable time.

Guest fivestar

lol sorry to give you the short/long answer again, but....... Yes it is possible, but it takes alot of reading and practice and patience.  Now I have never contoured cut with the laserpoint but many people have on here and they say it's really pretty simple to do with it, not near as easy as a "true" contour machine like the Graphtec or Roland, but at about 1/3 the cost, I think that's the way you should go is with the laserpoint.

BTW, there's many people on here that will help you out, as for the "layman", well a little over 2 yrs ago I didn't even know that a "plotter" is what cut vinyl decals, so if I can do it you can do it.

lol sorry to give you the short/long answer again, but....... Yes it is possible, but it takes alot of reading and practice and patience.  Now I have never contoured cut with the laserpoint but many people have on here and they say it's really pretty simple to do with it, not near as easy as a "true" contour machine like the Graphtec or Roland, but at about 1/3 the cost, I think that's the way you should go is with the laserpoint.

BTW, there's many people on here that will help you out, as for the "layman", well a little over 2 yrs ago I didn't even know that a "plotter" is what cut vinyl decals, so if I can do it you can do it.

Five the last sentence seems like you want to host an infomercial ...lol  Sorry I couldnt resist. Ive watched them (hope I didnt say that out loud) Thats like their favorite quote... lol

Mike

Guest fivestar

Five the last sentence seems like you want to host an infomercial ...lol  Sorry I couldnt resist. Ive watched them (hope I didnt say that out loud) Thats like their favorite quote... lol

Mike

:thumbsup:;D ;D Now that I re-read it "that" way it does kinda sound like it.  Now read it like the "shamwow" guy would ;D ;D ;D  BTW, Ronco don't have #@%! on me.

LMAO!!! Five you are too funny! I think the "shamwow" guy is now pushing some kinda chopper thing that can store what you dont use LOL!! that guy is a damn TRIP!!! LOL!!

Renee

Thanks again Fivestar. I don't know what I would do without this forum. Everyone is so helpfull and full of knowledge. I will most definetly be asking more question as soon as I get my cutter. I am going to buy the Laserpoint on Friday.