One of the biggest "wishes" I have is that my PCUT would be useful for plotting line drawings. I have had no luck in getting output from my CAD program to the PCUT though. Today I found the PLTDraw program on the CD but it has no drawing tools and seems to be only able to cut imported files, however it won't open PLT files only PL1, whatever that is.  Importing dxf files directly into Sign Blazer doesn't work as it drops too many lines. Is anyone using PLTDraw or have any solutions for plotting CAD drawings?

Thanks, Terry

Guest stunad, jr.

what cad program are you using to make the .dxf files?

I use Turbo Cad too.. export them as an .eps file then import into SB.

The PLTdraw program works very well with Autocad. When you are done with the design you can "plot to file" That file is a .plt file. The PLTdraw program did a much better job cutting than Signblazer however it can be a little frustrating to use.

Occasionally the program will lose the connection so I will have to unplug and replug the usb connection.

It will also occasionally have another error message come up but turning the plotter on and off will solve this.

PLTdraw is much more accurate than Signblazer!

Hope this helps

I've had some good luck using AutoCAD (`00, `06 & hopefully now `09 MEP) and exporting to .eps.

I use it as my go-to for simple designs & numbering, mostly just cause I know it better than Illy or an actual imaging program and it spits out simple single layered files. I actually found out the hard way after distilling images to .pdf, then vectorizing thinking there's got to be a better way the whole time - and what'dya know export to .eps was there all along.

Now for the .plt draw, I had no luck whatsoever using with my pcut and an autocad .plt...