Sign in to follow this  
dc

mh721 tracking problem

I just bought the mh721 and can not get it to track , on long jobs it creeps to the left then creeps back when it returns to the begining,

any help would be appreciated

I have 2 cutters,one is the refine. My brother has the pcut. Tracking like this happens,to some degree,on all of them. Getting the vinyl perfectly straight is the key. It is also next to impossible.

I split my jobs up,cut in shorter pieces.I waste very little vinyl doing it that way. Remember,if something is just off a tiny bit,the farther you go,the more it is off. 1/8 inch can turn into an inch very fast.

It will take a little time and patience in getting the material to track with minimal drift. My suggestion is to cut a sheet, then load it without putting the pinch rollers down just yet, then run the material under the cutter and line it up by pulling it tight and keeping it inline with the material coming out the front, then snapping the pinch rollers down.

Eventually we will have an instructional video that shows you how to do it, but for the time being it will take a little getting used to.

Hi Ken!

A video on how to do this would be great! I bought the same cutter and have also been wondering about why I can't get vinyl to cut right from the roll. I did compensate though, by cutting a sheet of the vinyl, then my job cut just fine. Anyhow, a video would be great!

Thanks,

Sue

Eventually we will have an instructional video that shows you how to do it, but for the time being it will take a little getting used to.