Rodger

Daytona 500 09

I am picking Kevin Harvick to win . Kyle Bush is my second pick . If anybody wants to pick 2 drivers , we will add up the fishing places & the lowest # wins ( ex WHEN Kevin Harvick wins & Kyle Bush comes in 2nd , My score would be 3  :D )  . last & next to last would be 43 + 42 = 85 & wouldn't it be funny if that was my final score  ;)

Rodger

Im in Rodger I'll go with Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt Jr.  What we get if we win? A new cutter from USCUTTER?  ;)

Hmmm , I think the satisfaction of winning is going to be it :D

in case of a tie breaker , I'll add Carl Edwards  :)

There are about 1/3 of the field I would like to see win ( Harvick is my Fav since Sr ) RCR cars are great although I have never like Jeff Burton , now his wife ... ) 1/3 I don't mind winnung & 1/3 I hate to se win ( Jr is in that 1/3 for me )

;)

;) June Bug (Dale Jr.) .... even after that sucky pit stop he just missed! :'(

[move]Can I take back the Dale Jr. vote.... he has made yet another pit mistake![/move]

ok so here is what I came up with for the people that actually picked 2 drivers

Rodger - Kevin Harvick 2nd and Kyle Busch 41st  total - 43

msmith08 - Jeff Gordon 13th and Dale Earnhardt Jr. 27th - 40

Buggie Pilot - Dale Earnhardt Jr. 27th and Mark Martin - 16th - 43

mustangconv85 - Tony Stewart 8th and Jimmie Johnson 31st - 39

Kenya - Kevin Harvick 2nd and Jimmie Johnson 31st - 33

Congrads Kenya  :D ,

it was a dismal way to end the " biggest " race .

Thanks Mustang for figuring it up  :)

now .......... we gonna do this every race & an over-all for the year :) I'd kick in for a slush fun to buy a variety pack of Vinyl/blades ot mayby a gift card from USCutter for the winner of the year  :D

We would have to assign the Nascar points so members joining in would not have a perfect score .

sounds like fun to me  ;)

Wow, not how I hoped to win it, but hell yes anyway!

Looking forward to Jeff Burton kicking some ass this year.

Congrads on winning the $250  Mid  ;) , but Kenya won the thread contest . Is that what you meant ?

Nope, I meant the $250 I won in a pool..

Congrats to Kenya too though!

Can't wait to make it back down to Daytona for a race

I was at the Daytona 500 in 2005 . I enjoyed it , but with the traffic , not being able to see th whole track etc .. I prefer to watch it on Tv . The sunset was the best I have ever seen & semed like a defining moment . I liked attending Martinsville the 3 times I went & you can keep up with things . I would like to go to Bristol & intend to . Dover is not a very good track to watch , no matter what seat , only parts of the racetrack is in view .

;)

I was there in 06, my first race, incredible time.  I never really watched NASCAR all that much, but after being there and having the whole experience, its a different story.  Anyone who has never been should definitely do it at least once, whether you like racing or not.

Hoping to go to Talladega this year..

Guest kenya

Thanks for the congrats for the win !!!!!!!!!!!

I must say the race was not what I wanted, as alot of the folks at Daytona.

The race of the year should never be called because of rain. Too much money spent

for these folks to see a race end this way- :thumbsup:.

NASCAR has been screwing up alot lately, but I'm a die hard fan...... I keep hoping things

will get better.

plus...... any day you see Kyle wreck, it's a great race. :thumbsup:

Kenya ,

With both of us picking Kevin Harvick as our 1rst pick , I thought we would be getting along good . I think Jimmy Johnson has been the best ever since he has started so I can't argue your 2nd pick , but for you to enjoy Kyle Bush wrecking , That is HILARIOS !!! . I have to give him props for handling getting canned so Dale Jr could join Hendricks & then him having a mission last year . He fell apart in the chase with engine help . I enjoyed him bowing to the angry crowd & sticking up a different finger back to them  ( Kyle holds up the # 1 finger ) . I enjoy that type of humor . I give you the edge on picks , But I'm picking

#17 Matt Kenseth   &

#24 Jeff Gordan   for the California race this sunday ...

anyody else :thumbsup:

#99 Carl Edwards if anybody wants/thinks a 3rd pick would be fun

I've been to Daytona twice 2005 and 2006 was a blast. My first race I ever went to was Bristol "2003" in the spring. My brother in law got me a ticket for Christmas and I was like a kid that didn't get what he wanted, I of course thanked him but inside I was like I dont want to go see a bunch of cars go in a circle but I sucked it up and went and haven't quit watching racing since. The atmosphere at these races are awesome. Like people said before once you go one time sorry your gonna be hooked. lol We goto Bristol in the Fall now, friend of mine has a motorhome and we stay there.... Great time... Ive been to MIchigan, Daytona, Richmond, Poconos and Bristol. Id like to do more but for now I've only got plans going to Bristol in the fall

Why is it that most of the races over the last year have been boring!

I say that knowing that the finishes on some were good, but the race it's self was boring!

I've never been a fan of watching 43 cars run around the track for several hours with very little action!

The only exciting race I have seen lately was the shotout - that was an exciting race.

I'm hoping that this season is better then the last few have been.

For California I've got Mark Martin -- he is going to be a force to contend with this year.

Hey Small ,

They are Endurance races & they are boring . If they had a dirt style format with qualifying races & mains , it would be better IMHO , but you can't argue with Nascar's success .

You have to pick two racers to be in the contest  ;D . I liked Mark Marin alot until he almost won ths championship & then his attitude didn't sit well with me afterwards . I loved it when Kevin Harvick passed him a couple years ago for the win in the 500 . I hated Mark Martin went into the talk about being ahead when the caution was thrown ( he wasn't ) I would not want to take a win when somebody had passed me ... I would feel that was an empty win .

nice to chat with Nascar fans  :thumbsup: