Sign in to follow this  
kyle

250r logo

hi all

can sombody tell me what font the 250r is in, or can it be vectorised as a single colour,,  and how hard would it be to add another colour around it such back border then white writing

sorry about the pic, but its all i could find

250r1.jpg

i dont want the red background either

thanks in advance

kyle

No clue what the font would be. Most likely it's something custom, and not an actual full font.

What bike/4 wheeler/toy is that from... might help in the search.

Guest stunad, jr.

Whatever Stu... show off!(lmao).

lol

;)

No clue what the font would be. Most likely it's something custom, and not an actual full font.

What bike/4 wheeler/toy is that from... might help in the search.

hey FMod  ,

I thought you would know this 1  ;) . Honda TRX 250R made 1986 - 1989 250 2 stroke . AWESOME quad !

I figured it was from a Honda. Looks like something from a mid 80's machine. But you have to remember... mid 80's, I was 10 years old. lol Plus I was never a fan of 4 wheelers.

BTW... (since the request was filled), what do you think about how the AMA season has been going? It kills me that Bubba is killin' it! I was hoping Josh Grant was going to shine, maybe in the years to come. Reed has nothing for Steward, and this weekend proved it. I think I'm going to make it out to Wortham, TX for a round of the AMA motocross series in June.

Guest stunad, jr.

I figured it was from a Honda. Looks like something from a mid 80's machine. But you have to remember... mid 80's, I was 10 years old. lol Plus I was never a fan of 4 wheelers.

BTW... (since the request was filled), what do you think about how the AMA season has been going? It kills me that Bubba is killin' it! I was hoping Josh Grant was going to shine, maybe in the years to come. Reed has nothing for Steward, and this weekend proved it. I think I'm going to make it out to Wortham, TX for a round of the AMA motocross series in June.

firemalt I see you in a different light now. LOL

You own any bikes?

Since 1999, I've always had some type of 2 wheeled motorbike in the garage, until I injuried my shoulder last year. I sold my last race/dirtbike in Oct., so I wouldn't be tempted to go ride while injuried/recovering. Once I'm back at work, and done with physical therapy, I'll be on the hunt for an 08 KTM 250 4 stroke(with a "magic" button, cause it's hard to kick start a hot 4 stroke during the middle of a 2 hour hare scramble race, lol).

I've been racing either roadbikes or dirtbikes since 2003...

Here's a list of what I've owned in the past:

1996 gsxr 600(1st bike in 1999 when i was 24)

2001 gsxr 750 (street)

2003 gsxr 600(traded in my 750 for my 1st race bike)

2001 honda cr125(1st dirtbike in 2003)

2004 honda vtx 1300(1st cruiser)

2002 gsxr 1k(team endurance bike)

2004 aprilia rs50(mini racing, ate those ysr's up)

2003 gsxr 750(team endurance bike)

2005 zx-6rr(race)

2004 yzf250(hare scramble race dirt bike)

post-1656-12986532545824_thumb.jpg

post-1656-1298653254671_thumb.jpg

post-1656-12986532547117_thumb.jpg

post-1656-12986532547615_thumb.jpg

post-1656-12986532563073_thumb.jpg

post-1656-12986532563522_thumb.jpg

post-1656-12986532563646_thumb.jpg

post-1656-12986532563771_thumb.jpg

Guest stunad, jr.

Since 1999, I've always had some type of 2 wheeled motorbike in the garage, until I injuried my shoulder last year. I sold my last race/dirtbike in Oct., so I wouldn't be tempted to go ride while injuried/recovering. Once I'm back at work, and done with physical therapy, I'll be on the hunt for an 08 KTM 250 4 stroke(with a "magic" button, cause it's hard to kick start a hot 4 stroke during the middle of a 2 hour hare scramble race, lol).

I've been racing either roadbikes or dirtbikes since 2003...

Here's a list of what I've owned in the past:

1996 gsxr 600(1st bike in 1999 when i was 24)

2001 gsxr 750 (street)

2003 gsxr 600(traded in my 750 for my 1st race bike)

2001 honda cr125(1st dirtbike in 2003)

2004 honda vtx 1300(1st cruiser)

2002 gsxr 1k(team endurance bike)

2004 aprilia rs50(mini racing, ate those ysr's up)

2003 gsxr 750(team endurance bike)

2005 zx-6rr(race)

2004 yzf250(hare scramble race dirt bike)

DAMMMMMMM

cool! the man likes his bikes!!! 

I raced a couple of hare scrambles in the 90's.  I was so out of shape I nearly died.  I finished each time......but nearly died from exhaustion. I hear you with the "magic button"

over the years I had...

'88 kx-250

'90 ktm 250 exc

'91 kdx-200

'82 kdx-450

'74 bultaco pursang 360

'93 xr-600

'85 xr-350

Now? 

a '76 yamaha gt-80 (for my kid)

I'd like to pick up an older 2-stroke to play with.  I miss the smell  ;)

I can't remember the thread Wayne , FMod & I listed our collection , but that is a nice collection Stu ! I really liked the KDX i had , VERY easy to go fast in the woods with , but not alot of fun . Just like the modern 4 strokes that are VERY easy to ride vs the 250 MX bikes which are more of a handfull to ride & more fun .

I was in the same way the 1rst east coast Enduro I ran . 28" handlebars that I had to wiggle thru the trees with . I was zeroing the checks the 1rst hour , but 4 hours later I finished right under an hour late ( 1 hour late & you are DQed ) ... my tounge finished 15 minutes later  ;)

FMod , I got to watch the 1rst race of AMA & have never liked Stewart , but he was a class act after the wreck & I gained respect for him . I was hoping Villafoto ( spelling ? )  would kick his butt especially since he is sponsored by Monster who Stewart had a bad finish with last year .I don't know the details as I'm way on the outside , but it wasn't a class act finishing the sponsorship year like he did . My nephew in a pro lites racer & the gossip was he wasn't hurt as much as he or his dad didn't want to race under Monster .

How many Motorcyclists do we have here & how many of those did some type of racing ?

me and my wife ride. nothing like it. i can't wait till the weather breaks at least into the 50's.

me

750 shadow

92 gsxr 1100

now 06 gsxr 1300 Hayabusa

quads

87 warrior

97 warrior

330 polaris

wife my 750 shadow

little girl

80cc yamaha

keep the rubber side down.

Guest stunad, jr.

I can't remember the thread Wayne , FMod & I listed our collection , but that is a nice collection Stu ! I really liked the KDX i had , VERY easy to go fast in the woods with , but not alot of fun . Just like the modern 4 strokes that are VERY easy to ride vs the 250 MX bikes which are more of a handfull to ride & more fun .

I was in the same way the 1rst east coast Enduro I ran . 28" handlebars that I had to wiggle thru the trees with . I was zeroing the checks the 1rst hour , but 4 hours later I finished right under an hour late ( 1 hour late & you are DQed ) ... my tounge finished 15 minutes later  ;)

FMod , I got to watch the 1rst race of AMA & have never liked Stewart , but he was a class act after the wreck & I gained respect for him . I was hoping Villafoto ( spelling ? )  would kick his butt especially since he is sponsored by Monster who Stewart had a bad finish with last year .I don't know the details as I'm way on the outside , but it wasn't a class act finishing the sponsorship year like he did . My nephew in a pro lites racer & the gossip was he wasn't hurt as much as he or his dad didn't want to race under Monster .

How many Motorcyclists do we have here & how many of those did some type of racing ?

Thats cool rodger,  I gotta poke around to find that thread you were talking about

kicking that xr600 over absolutely sucked! especially after dumping it, using all my energy to pick it up and start kicking..... oy vey.

LOL the bultaco was an absolute beast to kick over and get running(even with the decompression lever).  

now the little kdx200, that was a fun nimble bike to tool around the woods on.  

I had an opportunity about a few years back to buy a friends yzf 250, but passed on it.  I was tapped out.

Guest stunad, jr.

oh I forgot about the rupp my pop bought me when I was 8.  ;)

Stu ,

Scott Summers was the only person that did good on a XR600 . I had 1 of those for a week & resold it . What a tank .

ALL the KDX 's were great .

You should be glad you passed on the yzf250F . I had an 02 & it was a bear to start EVEN once you learned the drill ( especially like you say a hot turn over ) That bike was the hardest bike I ever started & that says alot coming from a 86 CR500 owner & a Rokon . 340 cc snow-mobile engine with a cable pull start  I have scars between my fingers from it .  ;)

Guest stunad, jr.

Rokon . 340 cc snow-mobile engine with a cable pull start  I have scars between my fingers from it .  ;)

LOL

250R

hi mate, your a bloody champion, thank you very much, and so quick..

someone mentioned it seems like a logo from the mid 80s well your correct, and you know your stuff,  It s the logo of an 84 atc 250r aircooled trike.

have 2 of them, one im rebuilding, hence the stickers

i wonder if you can do the pro link decal as well,,

this is the logo

prolink.jpg

once again thanks guys

I was wrong , ATC250R. I have a frame with a stuck engine . never rode 1 of those , but looked like fun  :thumbsup:

Guest stunad, jr.

I was wrong , ATC250R. I have a frame with a stuck engine . never rode 1 of those , but looked like fun  :thumbsup:

cr with 3 wheels....

sorta , but not anywhere close . ALOT more weight & no powervalves which means alot less horsepower . I have a TRX 250R ( 310 cc ) & it is a blast . Won the dirt-drag class that had Banshees & a bad-a** snowmobile . I have a 3/4 mile dirt bike track on the Md property & the 4 wheelers are alot more fun when it is very muddy , at that time they are quicker than a motorcycle . Anytime it is not VERY muddy , the motorcycles KILL the quads .

mate i have to disagree, check out airfoolers.com, a bloke on the has an aircool trike, and nothing can catch him, wins all the drags,  only mods done are carby change, new exhaust chamber, and silencer, and reeds.. not many mods and this thing blows any quad away. have ridden a honda trx 450 as well plent of torque, but no my cup of tea for bigs dunes, cant throw them around to much like a trike.

here is a sample of the 250r logo im cutting out tried mixing gold chrome and black together., once again thanks for the vectorisation

cheers

2009_02170003.jpg

ps. has anyone got any tips of taking good photos when taking a picture of relective vinyl

mate i have to disagree, check out airfoolers.com, a bloke on the has an aircool trike, and nothing can catch him, wins all the drags,  only mods done are carby change, new exhaust chamber, and silencer, and reeds.. not many mods and this thing blows any quad away. have ridden a honda trx 450 as well plent of torque, but no my cup of tea for bigs dunes, cant throw them around to much like a trike.

here is a sample of the 250r logo im cutting out tried mixing gold chrome and black together., once again thanks for the vectorisation

cheers

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/Navara/2009_02170003

ps. has anyone got any tips of taking good photos when taking a picture of relective vinyl

Hey Kyle , I like it when people disagree with me  :thumbsup: , makes it fun to find out who is right . Shame we are so far apart or we could find out  :thumbsup:. I don't think we are talkng about the same thing .. Stu said a atc250R was like a CR250 with 3 wheels . MASSIVE difference in the power to weight department .the ATC250R's & the TRX250R had no power valves & the CRs do . 10 horsepower there if my memory serves me . I would think 50 to 100 lbs more on the quads . While the 3 wheeler has it's advantages ( they were made for snow originally by Honda ) it would not be in dirt-drags . sand drags are another matter . a stock CR would have alot less tire & would require a better rider to do well .Also if modifying the cr as much as a 3 wheeler or 4 wheeler , the same result the CR wins .  You have many CR500s down there ? ( my favorite bike )