swillans

PCut 630 & Flexi Driver, Please Help!!

I just received the Pcut 630 24" cutter and it only has a USB port.  If I use SignBlazer printer to the cutter using Com 2 (using serial to usb software driver that was sent with cutter) I can cut.  But if I use Flexi and the same Com port it shows as going to the cutter but never cuts (also locks the cutter up).  If any one can help or has the Flexi driver please, please tell me what I'm doing wrong. 

Thanks,

Steve

I have no idea what version of Flexi you have,but have you set the correct driver? Have you tried a different com port for Flexi? I have Flexi,and Signblazer. I use each on a different cutter. I can do everything with Signblazer that I can do with Flexi(or at least the version of Flexi I have).

Thanks for the response :huh:   I didn't think anyone was ever going to respond.  I have tried all com ports with every possible combination of settings.  I am using Flexi Pro 7.5.  When I google for help it seems that I should be able to get it to work by telling Flexi it a Roland PNC1000.  I have the cutter and a Vinyl Master.  Both of them work fine with Flexi.  Of course they both have specific drivers for Flexi.  I just can't seem to find a Pcut/Creation driver for Flexi.  At this point I'd even work out of Corel if I could find a driver for the pcut for Corel.

Thanks again for the repsonse, I greatly appreciate it.

Sooner or later,someone will figure out exactly which driver,etc you need for Flexi and the pcut. I don't personally have a pcut,my brother does.He doesn't have Flexi. You might try the Flexi forums:

http://www.flexiezine.com/forum/index.php

I have a feeling it might be a conflict somewhere...Since I have about 10 computers here,I just run a different computer for every software and plotter. If you have that option, it would be a good idea. I have computers here that are more than capable of running the cutter software that I paid as little as $25 for. Yardsales,pawn shops,even ebay.

Of course,it could be a bad USB cable.

This is a driver from my Flexi Starter 8 which another customer copy and pasted to his Outputdrivers folder under the Flexi folder and it ran a test cut just fine.

This is the path on my computer (others may vary, but should be similar): C:Program FilesFlexiSTARTER 8.0v3OutputDrivers

Just unzip and copy this file to the Outputdrivers folder, and now in your Production Manager you should be able to choose Creation PCut as the manufacturer, and CT-630 as the model.

Creation-PCut.zip

Creation-PCut.zip

I bought a PCut 630 new off of e-bay and i couldnt never get flexi to run it......went through everything and nothing ......sorry to say i put it back on e-bay and sold it......i was using flexi 6.5v2