Sign in to follow this  
aidsy

LHF FONTS

no,but I have most of the original fonts that they took,and slightly modified. That's the oldest game in the biz...take an open-source /public domain font,modify it slightly, and make money from it.

no,but I have most of the original fonts that they took,and slightly modified. That's the oldest game in the biz...take an open-source /public domain font,modify it slightly, and make money from it.

you realize that those are mostly HAND LETTERED fonts right?:)  they're not copied...they're freaking LHF fonts!!!  are you serious?!  it's outrageous that you would even suggest that!!!

You are full of it. Anyone can take a font, and re-draw it. The very first fontn on the page is almost an exact copy of ironman.

You are full of it. Anyone can take a font, and re-draw it. The very first fontn on the page is almost an exact copy of ironman.

do you understand the term "hand lettered"??  i am being very serious and not sarcastic with this question (in opposition to my previous posting here)

do you understand how fonts are created? I can turn ANYTHING into a font including my own handwriting.

do you understand how fonts are created? I can turn ANYTHING into a font including my own handwriting.

that's not an answer to the question.....i understand how fonts are created....and most PROFESSIONAL font designers, HAND LETTER each individual letter numerous times before it even sees the monitor of a computer.....

well, I owe you an apology. Obviously you are much more knowledgable than the rest of us... I can't even imagine why you are slumming on our forums. Signs101 is more your style.

That is the last of it. If you can't help people (the purpose of the forum) and continue to criticize, I'll wait til you go  over the line and let Fivestar have his very first ban experience.

well, I owe you an apology. Obviously you are much more knowledgable than the rest of us... I can't even imagine why you are slumming on our forums. Signs101 is more your style.

That is the last of it. If you can't help people (the purpose of the forum) and continue to criticize, I'll wait til you go  over the line and let Fivestar have his very first ban experience.

so i'm only allowed to be here if i'm gonna give high fives and tell people their work looks great even if it's sub par???  not my style.....and honestly, whether you ban me or not, i hope someone who owns the copyrights to the clipart, logos, and fonts you all are sharing takes notice to it....the file sharing isn't right, no matter how you justify it to yourself....it's just not right and it's ILLEGAL!

there are two ways of telling someone something. A nice way and a not so nice way.

example: "that looks good but here is how it could be better" This is the nice way. My own brother has never caught on to how to be critical and nice at the same time.

People come here for help,not to be insulted,made fun of,or called names. All of these things are against forum TOS.,as is posting copyrighted material. As a mod, who works for FREE, I (nor the others) have the time or the patience to take down every copyrighted post. We have issued warnings. But an open forum is just that.

that's not an answer to the question.....i understand how fonts are created....and most PROFESSIONAL font designers, HAND LETTER each individual letter numerous times before it even sees the monitor of a computer.....

Getting any help when being so rude...doesn't get you far here!!

m y old granny used to say..'if you have to blow your own horn,you don't really have much to blow it about.

I don't have to call myself a professional...my customers do it for me. Personally, I  just call myself a 'sign guy'. I huess I'm just humble enough not to consider myself more than I am.

File sharing isn't tech illegal ... as long as art ain't being used for commercial usage than its ok.. however there are plenty of sites which off free vectors from vector packs, and they been around for a long time, I also seen people share vector files on Ai forums to...??

Modifying a font being illegal will depend to the extent you do it at

Kinda lame how "signs101" people having no life but come on here to be pricks is sad indeed " do people have no life?"

Apparently they got time to chat all day, but not work.. these so called professionals  tisk tisk

http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45533&page=2

tyhey have time to chat because they sit all day waiting for the one big job that can make them a month's pay.