vrpro

Need some input on pricing please

I have been cutting for a company that has now become a weekly order and wanted to make sure I'm in-line with my pricing. Any input would be welcome..

All on Intermediate vinyl and in lots of 100 ea with ap-tape:

28x4      6.45 ea                         

18x4      5:45 ea

18x3      5:45 ea

Thanks in advance.

/// And WHAT does that mean, exactly?

28x4      6.45 ea    $0.0576/sq inch                         

18x4      5:45 ea    $0.0757/sq inch

18x3      5:45 ea    $0.1009/sq inch

FabricatorX

this is a group of professional people that really help out us newbies ( i think you were one before ) and i think that the original poster was asking a question he or she dosent need sarcatic remarks thank you and have a wonderful day 

Was I not asking a legitimate question? I am still a vinyl noob, but not an amateur to business either. I would absolutely love to provide an in depth answer to his question, I just need more information.

Now I do not need any sarcastic remarks thanks you and have a wonderful day.

I hope you all have a wonderful day, after all it was nice an warm up here in PA. it hit 70degrees (20C)

Wayne

73 here in Houston... they say it's going to be 77 on Friday! Safe to say that our winter is over!

TheVinylHouse  what part of PA are you from im from a little town called latrobe  right out side of greensburg pittsbugh rolling rock beer is made in latrobe

arnold  palmer golfer home town also

my grand parents used to own the jamesways store until they sold them many yrs back

73 here in Houston... they say it's going to be 77 on Friday! Safe to say that our winter is over!

Yeah, first tornado of the year 11 miles from my house. Always fun.

Jon

Thanks for the guideline Ace. I've been looking for some ideas without someone giving some dumba** comment about my newness.

Gary

Thanks for the guideline Ace. I've been looking for some ideas without someone giving some dumba** comment about my newness.

Gary

We were all there at some point in time... my apologizes that the thread got off course, but I think it was done in hopes to "cool" off the thread.

All of the sizes mentioned will be one of these designs. with the exception of the gold, all are single color in the sizes at the start of the thread.

Thanks

post-3852-12986532307386_thumb.jpg

post-3852-12986532320879_thumb.jpg

Seems like a pretty good price, based on the quantities, but I am no pro at pricing..

Does that vinyl pricing chart on the first page match up pretty well with what you guys charge?  It's about .07 sq/in, that what you guys charge including weeding and app tape?

Seems pretty cheap..

VRPRO,

Your pricing seems good for the quantity.

Keep in mind that you are giving a 40% discount per each decal over "standard" decal pricing (using my price guides).

I would suggest that you call around your area and see what your competition would charge.

It may be a little low, even for the quantities.

Also understand that anyone set up with a high quality printer/cutter, and are able to do large production runs of decals, could probably supply them for less.

How long does it take you to weed / prep a run of 100 decals?

VRPRO,

Your pricing seems good for the quantity.

Keep in mind that you are giving a 40% discount per each decal over "standard" decal pricing (using my price guides).

I would suggest that you call around your area and see what your competition would charge.

It may be a little low, even for the quantities.

Also understand that anyone set up with a high quality printer/cutter, and are able to do large production runs of decals, could probably supply them for less.

How long does it take you to weed / prep a run of 100 decals?

I can do a run of 100 in about 3 hours total. I cut them and have someone weeding them for me as I cut. I wind up at a cost of about .80 ea.

Most important... if you feel that you are giving the customer a quality product at a decent price, and you are happy with the money you are making on the deal... truely isn't that all that matters?

Most important... if you feel that you are giving the customer a quality product at a decent price, and you are happy with the money you are making on the deal... truely isn't that all that matters?

++++++1

As a norm I agree. However when you are dealing with a large account in a volatile economy its a good idea to keep that customer happy and them to know you as a vendor are thinking of their bottom line as well. This is a start up company only a few months old and im sure they too are making sure they are getting the best price they can.

My situation is im still learning the pricing game in vinyl. So feedback from those already in the business is a big plus.

Thanks for the replys

fact: today's economy is in the toilet. You do what you have to do to pay the bills and eat. There are more empty shops in this town than full ones.

I've been noticing sign shops closing around here too

I was doing this (cutting vinyl) as more of a hobby just to make a few extra bux

I think I'm gonna have to get a little more serious about it now since I lost my job

worked for Dana for the last 12 yrs now they want the work to be done in Mexico

So its like you said BannerJohn  what ever you have to do to survive