January 15, 2009 - Entreprenuer.com

At last count there were approximately 10 gazillion websites out there. Where's a business owner to start when looking for valuable information? If you're reading this, it means you're on Entrepreneur.com, which is a good start. Read on for more vital online spots you should know about.

Accounting Terminology Guide

http://nysscpa.org/prof_library/guide.htm

If you need to know what a specific accounting term means, no matter how obscure, this is the site for you. Hosted and maintained by the New York State Society of CPAs, nearly 500 accounting terms are defined on this site, all sorted in an easy-to-use alphabetical list.

Adweek Online

www.adweek.com

This is the online edition of Adweek, a popular print magazine focusing on all things advertising and marketing. This site features the inside scoop on what's going on in the marketing departments of high-profile companies and corporations.

Backpack

www.backpackit.com

Backpack is a web-based service that makes organizing your company's information easy. Backpack lets you make pages that can contain any combination of notes, to-dos, images, files and so on.

Bizwomen

www.bizwomen.com

Bizwomen is an online community for women business executives and entrepreneurs to connect, support one another, learn and grow. You can share and explore ideas with women across the United States or in your neighborhood to help grow your business.

Business Owner's Tool Kit

www.toolkit.com

With an emphasis on problem solving, this site features more than 5,000 pages of free cost-cutting tips, step-by-step checklists, real-life case studies, startup advice, and business templates to small-business owners and entrepreneurs.

Entrepreneur.com / WomenEntrepreneur.com

www.entrepreneur.com/ womenentrepreneur.com

Published by the same people who bring you Entrepreneur magazine, this is an excellent site for entrepreneurs, featuring a solid collection of articles and tips from experts, plus hundreds of links to other entrepreneurial resources on the web. WomenEntrepreneur.com offers additional articles, blogs and resources specific to women for starting and growing their businesses.

Fambiz.com

www.fambiz.com

Fambiz.com is the internet's leading website for owners and employees of family controlled companies. Managed by Northeastern University's Center for Family Business, here you will find insight on every family run business topic imaginable.

FreshBooks

www.freshbooks.com

FreshBooks is an online invoicing and time-tracking service that helps businesses of all sizes save time, get paid faster and look professional.

Internal Revenue Service

www.irs.gov

Business owners can get all of their federal and business tax information--not to mention forms--directly from the source. It's also a good place to stay current on tax laws that affect business owners.

Wesabe

www.wesabe.com

The site offers financial advice, analysis and planning for business owners.

Have fun,

Jon

January 15, 2009 - Entreprenuer.com

At last count there were approximately 10 gazillion websites out there. Where's a business owner to start when looking for valuable information? If you're reading this, it means you're on Entrepreneur.com, which is a good start. Read on for more vital online spots you should know about.

Accounting Terminology Guide

http://nysscpa.org/prof_library/guide.htm

If you need to know what a specific accounting term means, no matter how obscure, this is the site for you. Hosted and maintained by the New York State Society of CPAs, nearly 500 accounting terms are defined on this site, all sorted in an easy-to-use alphabetical list.

Adweek Online

www.adweek.com

This is the online edition of Adweek, a popular print magazine focusing on all things advertising and marketing. This site features the inside scoop on what's going on in the marketing departments of high-profile companies and corporations.

Backpack

www.backpackit.com

Backpack is a web-based service that makes organizing your company's information easy. Backpack lets you make pages that can contain any combination of notes, to-dos, images, files and so on.

Bizwomen

www.bizwomen.com

Bizwomen is an online community for women business executives and entrepreneurs to connect, support one another, learn and grow. You can share and explore ideas with women across the United States or in your neighborhood to help grow your business.

Business Owner's Tool Kit

www.toolkit.com

With an emphasis on problem solving, this site features more than 5,000 pages of free cost-cutting tips, step-by-step checklists, real-life case studies, startup advice, and business templates to small-business owners and entrepreneurs.

Entrepreneur.com / WomenEntrepreneur.com

www.entrepreneur.com/ womenentrepreneur.com

Published by the same people who bring you Entrepreneur magazine, this is an excellent site for entrepreneurs, featuring a solid collection of articles and tips from experts, plus hundreds of links to other entrepreneurial resources on the web. WomenEntrepreneur.com offers additional articles, blogs and resources specific to women for starting and growing their businesses.

Fambiz.com

www.fambiz.com

Fambiz.com is the internet's leading website for owners and employees of family controlled companies. Managed by Northeastern University's Center for Family Business, here you will find insight on every family run business topic imaginable.

FreshBooks

www.freshbooks.com

FreshBooks is an online invoicing and time-tracking service that helps businesses of all sizes save time, get paid faster and look professional.

Internal Revenue Service

www.irs.gov

Business owners can get all of their federal and business tax information--not to mention forms--directly from the source. It's also a good place to stay current on tax laws that affect business owners.

Wesabe

www.wesabe.com

The site offers financial advice, analysis and planning for business owners.

Have fun,

Jon

Don't forget your local SCORE, I think it stands for, Senior Consultants Owners Retired Entrepreneur. Okay, I don't know what it stands for, but that sounds good. They're usually a local chapter that meets at your city hall, and they offer free advice.

Thanks Jon...boy I have missed you guys  :thumbsup:

Dazzel

Don't forget your local SCORE, I think it stands for, Senior Consultants Owners Retired Entrepreneur. Okay, I don't know what it stands for, but that sounds good. They're usually a local chapter that meets at your city hall, and they offer free advice.

Perhaps Service Corps of Retired Executives?  They are a US SBA organization chartered to give free counseling to potential business owners...they are Retired business executives that will look at you business plan and help you plan and execute.

Love small business help ;D I'm actually subscribed to those magazines (which reminds me now to go cancell before I get billed whilst unemployed)

Love score...took their entrepreneur package of seminars last year... considering my ultimate goal is opening a restaurant (highly risky) I'll take my sweet time ;D

I've already learned how to save $$ on signage ;D