Sign in to follow this  
graphikta

setting vinyl width?

i know the machine does it for you, but it also doesn't use about the last 3 or 4 inches of the edge.

is there a way to set it yourself so you can use the full width of the vinyl? the 2 page instruction sheet it came with isn't that helpful.

sorry for such a basic question, but thanks for the help

just make sure you place the vinyl where you can place the pinch rollers as far to the edge as possible that's what i do. I can get just over 23in out of a 24in roll

i know the machine does it for you

How is that? Maybe it's something different that I don't know about the graphtecs, but I've always been under the impression that, that's something you adjust in your cutting software settings? I know both my refine and pcut are clueless as to what size or type of vinyl I feed them... I control the setting via Flexi (and SBE prior to getting Flexi).

How is that? Maybe it's something different that I don't know about the graphtecs, but I've always been under the impression that, that's something you adjust in your cutting software settings? I know both my refine and pcut are clueless as to what size or type of vinyl I feed them... I control the setting via Flexi (and SBE prior to getting Flexi).

:o Yes us Graphtec owners are spoiled  ;)

If I'm using roll material, I load the material in the cutter, adjust the pinch rollers for the width, lock them down and select roll from the on screen promt. Hit enter and wahla the carriage moves across and sets the width and returns the material to a 0,0 start point. I run Flexi in interactive mode and my cutter tells Flexi's Production Manager how wide. If I'm running sheet stock, I just select sheet and it does Length and Width.

I know you want one now, don't ya  :thumbsup:

jon

if i place the wheels of the rollers about 1/4 inch from each edge, it still only cuts about 21" out of a 24" roll. on a 15" roll i can only get 12" out of it. and a 12" roll i can only get 9". any other suggestions

I didn't know that, Jon... thanks for the info!

And yes, I've wanted one for a while now, but that just makes me want it more! lol

Shameless videos of how cool it really is.  :thumbsup:

First in for roll material

This one is for sheet

Have fun,

Jon

:) Yes us Graphtec owners are spoiled  :)

If I'm using roll material, I load the material in the cutter, adjust the pinch rollers for the width, lock them down and select roll from the on screen promt. Hit enter and wahla the carriage moves across and sets the width and returns the material to a 0,0 start point. I run Flexi in interactive mode and my cutter tells Flexi's Production Manager how wide. If I'm running sheet stock, I just select sheet and it does Length and Width.

I know you want one now, don't ya  :)

jon

Hey jon, I have a CE5000-60 running with FlexiPro 7.0, were do I find the interactive mode....And Yah there's no turning back after picking up my graphtec

:thumbsup: Yes us Graphtec owners are spoiled  ;D

I know you want one now, don't ya  ;D

jon

Hey jon, I have a CE5000-60 running with FlexiPro 7.0, were do I find the interactive mode....And Yah there's no turning back after picking up my graphtec

I just clicked this....

post-2883-12986532389763_thumb.png

post-2883-12986532405105_thumb.png

In case anyone is still looking for answers... I just got my graphtec somewhat figured out!  When loading the vinyl, make sure the pinch rollers are above a grit roller (a rougher part underneath the vinyl).  I finally was able to load a 12" wide vinyl and the machine wouldn't continually say "realign rollers".

Guest sciondrgn

I love that feature.. I just click the button next to the material size in flexi and the cutter sets flexi for the size media I put in :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: