Uncle Remus

Copam just delivered

Just received my Copam 2500 today & after worrying if I should have bought a Graphtek instead, I was pleasently surprised when I opened the package. There was no problems with putting it together & it appears to be very well made. I have not cut anything with it yet, but that will be taken care of by tommorrow morning. I will give you my thoughts on it's cutting abilities after I test it out on a few designs.

One last thing is it pronounced CO-PAM or COP-AM? or maybe something differant? :);D

Guest fivestar

LOL remus......I always promounce it CO-PAM.......but I may have been pronouncing it wrong the whole time.  At least nobody could hear me but myself.  :) :) ;D

Hey Unc ,

If you want to see what a Co-pam ( the way I pronounce it ) cuts , look at Benr98 entry in the weeding contest . VERY intricate & makes a dime look big .

I also say it as 'Co-Pam'......Just cut a new design with it last night, makes that dime look even larger.  I'll get a clear shot of it today to share.

btw........thanks Rodger...I know you can do it to!  :o

Jenny

mayby , But your Co-pam might be better than mine  :o I did buy serial to serial cables this week & have installed it on the Co-pam here at the farm . When I get home , I'll try it on that 1 , I'll see if I can tell any difference .

OK..day 2 not so good..spent most of the day trying to get my laptop to talk to my copam...must not be good in chinese....Finally solved that problem & now the copam will stop in the middle of a job, it does it at about the same time everytime. The lcd will say cutting, but their is no cutting action going on. Up until it does this it cuts perfectly. What is making it stop?:o??

Ok..now I switched to signblazer & it cut perfectly....with signgo it would stop mid-cut & i had to turn power off to recycle. Wonder Why???

sometimes it is best not to question the cutter Gods. It could be many things,but if it cuts fine with SB then it's not the cutter. Maybe somone with signgo can make a guess

John , I don't have SignGo , but I'll guess anyway ......... SignBlazer is betta than SignGo  :) . ( OR at least he has ALL the settings correct in the computer-SignBlazer-Cutter & he doesn't in the computer-SignGo-cutter )

My Copam is hooked up through USB and have no problems *knock on wood*

My Copam is hooked up through USB and have no problems *knock on wood*

SO ... where is the pic of the new design U cut ?  :)

I posted my little decal for a customer in 'show your work'...didn't you see it?

Not yet . Just got the generator hooked up to the fuse panel . been over a day without electric . I'll check it out  :)

Here is a little something I cut out with my new copam. Overall I am very happy with my copam, not a problem one with the cutter itself, just a few software issues which is to be expected with anything when a computer running windows is involved.

I posted my little decal for a customer in 'show your work'...didn't you see it?

Nice work, you must have super eyes to do all that weeding on them small cuts you been making

post-4008-12986532353852_thumb.jpg

post-4008-12986532361921_thumb.jpg

I know they do that stunting now , but i have done that MANY times not intending to... I bet FMod has also :thumbsup: . seems it was called the flying W , but it looks more like a Y .

I know they do that stunting now , but i have done that MANY times not intending to... I bet FMod has also :thumbsup: . seems it was called the flying W , but it looks more like a Y .

Today that is called hart-attack after cory hart-(I think)who first performed this in a competition. But when I am riding this is called an OOOHHH CRAPPP this is going to hurt !!!!

which way did it go  which way did it go    ohhhhh nnnooooo

Is it better to get the laserpoint 24" or the copam 24"? I am trying to do this in a long run as a small business in top of my silk screen printing. any suggestion or ideas for a newbie?

I have the Co-Pam . I bought it because it is describes as industrial quality . I could let loose of the few hundred extra when i was buying . I will never need contour cutting & also the Co-Pam has an optical eye which measures the vinyl .

Thank you so much for the advise!

Your Welcome  :thumbsup: