Sign in to follow this  
neron15210

New businesses in your area

I decided to start sending fliers to new businesses in my area.

I found This link: http://carnegielibrary.com/research/databases/

Click on business, then on reference us (remote access)-US Businesses

I downloaded about 250 new business addresses and tomorrow I will go to post office to find out how to start mailing it out .

When you get to web site you have to set your preferences (zip codes, year when business are open, your town etc.)

Any suggestions are welcome.

"US New Businesses - currently not available at this location"

Weak.  Also, my searches have turned up with nothing.  I am not in the middle of nowhere..

Sorry guys, I should have post this link :

http://carnegielibrary.com/research/databases/

click on business and then on Reference USA (remote access)-US businesses(no NEW BUSINESSES)

Set up you search with zip code you want and year when business was established .

For new business tab you have to send request for access.

I apologize  one more time for this mistake.

BTW

Great source of information  .

FYI... you can make a call to your local Chamber of Commerce, and request a list of new businesses in the area.

FYI... you can make a call to your local Chamber of Commerce, and request a list of new businesses in the area.

Absolutely. On the same note, network as much as possible with new companies, as they will gladly provide leads for you in return for the same courtesy.

COC is very reliable. Also, you can even check with your local online corp. commission business listings to target your ideal business market.

Went and played with this for a few minutes. Very useful and really user friendly. Good post! :o :o

Guest fivestar

FYI on their credit score ratings.  I noticed ours was "good" and we've got excellent credit, but there's a few that I know for a fact owes almost everyone in town and theirs are listed as very good and excellent.

Gotta love national reviews.  :o :o :o

I decided to start sending fliers to new businesses in my area.

I found This link: http://carnegielibrary.com/research/databases/

Click on business, then on reference us (remote access)-US Businesses

I downloaded about 250 new business addresses and tomorrow I will go to post office to find out how to start mailing it out .

When you get to web site you have to set your preferences (zip codes, year when business are open, your town etc.)

Any suggestions are welcome.

Mapquest will give you a list of all the businesses in the area you're searching for, and your local paper or legal paper that announces new businesses. I got lazy, but you can make flyers and send them one or just call the number listed. I use yahoo yellow pages, and search by company name and town. I usually find the owner. You can also get a list on CD from the City Hall, but of course you have to pay for it. Mapquest if free. Oh, try Manta.com too, it's free and they get their infor. from Dunn and Bradstreet. Hope this helps.