Sign in to follow this  
aries58

How to cut this

Yes as long as it is line art.

mark-s

What is line art?how do i know if this is line art?

Aries what software do you use? Can you see a file in wireframe? If so, what you see is what will be cut.

Aries what software do you use? Can you see a file in wireframe? If so, what you see is what will be cut.

SB What is wireframe is that my workspace??

I work in CorelDraw and can go to "View" then "Wireframe" and I can see what exactly is going to cut. Not sure if SignBlazer has the same feature? Hopefully. someone w SB will come along and let us know. Has to be a way to see  I would think

Line art is EPS or AI or any vectorized art. That is line art.

Other wise your machine will not cut it.

And there is ALWAYS weeding to do.  :)

mark-s

Line art is EPS or AI or any vectorized art. That is line art.

Other wise your machine will not cut it.

And there is ALWAYS weeding to do.  :)

mark-s

But I want it just like the photo at top  entire graphic like it is enclosed around it.Do you know what I am saying?

Aries you would need a Versacamm or equivalent to cut it out as a "sticker", is that what you mean? If you tried that w the cutter it would be all one color if you didn't weed it

Aries you would need a Versacamm or equivalent to cut it out as a "sticker", is that what you mean? If you tried that w the cutter it would be all one color if you didn't weed it

Yes I guess that is what i am wanting is a vinyl sticker.I just saw some auto dealers labels on some cars a entire graphic no weeding and liked it..Thanks for replies..

That machine is about 15000, and the ink is expensive too. BUT a VERY cool machine indeed. Look up greatgarmentgraphics.com and go to a seminar near you. It will show you that machine in action and will also answer a lot of other questions you may have about vinyl cutting and the various applications. It's free and very informative too.

Will cutter cut it using the outer grey line?Then weed the little man?

That machine is about 15000, and the ink is expensive too. BUT a VERY cool machine indeed. Look up  ;D and go to a seminar near you. It will show you that machine in action and will also answer a lot of other questions you may have about vinyl cutting and the various applications. It's free and very informative too.

I am in the boonies no tradeshows near me.I wouldn't pay that much if I was a millionaire..lol :)

What part of KY are u in Aries? I have relatives in Paducah/Murray area.

Hillbilly heaven..lol A small town called Pikeville near the va,wva,ohio,tn borders..2 hours in either direction..

GO to BFE and take a left. Go forty more miles.

I will end up where?  lol I am on COUNTRY MUSIC HIGHWAY....

Aries

I have a versacamm..if your needing some of these just let me know. I can do them for you.

James

I'll have to look that up, I know I've heard of Pikeville before. And to answer your question, if you cut that image at the gray line and used only white for the remaining design........you would be left with a white blob and no definition for the inside lines. It would need to be a 2 color; white outline with black definition lines on the inside. OR printing it out on the higher end machine. Another option is contour cutting after printing out, not sure if your cutter does contour cutting.

Aries

I have a versacamm..if your needing some of these just let me know. I can do them for you.

James

Thanks James but I was wondering if I can do..Thanks

I'll have to look that up, I know I've heard of Pikeville before. And to answer your question, if you cut that image at the gray line and used only white for the remaining design........you would be left with a white blob and no definition for the inside lines. It would need to be a 2 color; white outline with black definition lines on the inside. OR printing it out on the higher end machine. Another option is contour cutting after printing out, not sure if your cutter does contour cutting.

I am a newbie and  was just wondering if that kind of decal could be done..Thanks

Tory,

I have heard a lot about Contour cutting but never really looked into it, so are you saying that I can print anything on my so-so printer and then how do I get it into my cutter to cut out the shape? MH781?

James, what do you charge for something like that...say a 5"x5" one color? Do you have a website?

Thanks Guys

Dazzel