desertdog10

A couple of suggestions for USCutter

I recently purchased a Copam 2500 and am very happy with it.  There were a couple of things that I think USCutter could do to REALLY make future transactions like mine a "win-win". 

1. UPGRADE the STARTER KIT

I ordered the "Sign supply starter kit" and the "BGS vinyl sampler" package.  Once I got my cutter not to destroy vinyl I was very disappointed in the combo of the clear application tape and BGS vinyl.  It was nearly IMPOSSIBLE for the tape to pull the vinyl.  It nearly made me forget my dreams of starting a vinyl business.  I realize that the cheap vinyl "is what it is"  :) but I gotta tell ya, the combo of cheap vinyl WITH cheap tape is a real downer for the newbie. So, my suggestion... put a high tack or at least a better quality app tape with the "Sign supply starter kit". Even if you have to charge a bit more- you'll be miles ahead on newbie satisfaction. 

2. Better Packaging or shipments

I ordered a roll of Oracal along with better application tape and a set of new cutting blades.  What I got was a large box and in it was a box or Oracal-in good shape, a big roll of clear applicatin tape- no problem with it but it was packed with a single sheet of crumpled up butcher paper which allowed the heavy 15" roll of application tape to move about the length of the box (24 inches) freely. Well, I found what I think was a little plastic case for the cutting blades as it was just beat to a pulp and I found 2 of the three cutters.  The third must have gotten out of the box as the tape was only partially covering the top of the box.  I didn't ask about my missing blade because I was too upset with USCUtter at the time but have since cooled off some. Bottom line- do some reasonable packing to avoid broken products and encourage re-orders.

If you sold single cutting blades, I'd ask for another but I don't feel right taking a full box when I was short only 1.

That's my 5cents.

-JJP

good points...the blades should have been in a separate envelope inside the box if nothing else. You can get a box of 50 envelopes at the dollar store for $1. That's .02 cents each.

That is very good advise.  We are now bundling RTape with the starter kit.

I am sorry about the packing problem you experienced.  We use paper because we feel that it is environmentally better and easier to work with than packing foam.  Unfortunately, the paper can compress in the course of the shipment.  After you comment, I did an inspection of our outgoing shipments and determined that we could stuff more paper in there to offer better protection, so we will implement this advise going forward.

I recently purchased a Copam 2500 and am very happy with it.  There were a couple of things that I think USCutter could do to REALLY make future transactions like mine a "win-win". 

1. UPGRADE the STARTER KIT

I ordered the "Sign supply starter kit" and the "BGS vinyl sampler" package.  Once I got my cutter not to destroy vinyl I was very disappointed in the combo of the clear application tape and BGS vinyl.  It was nearly IMPOSSIBLE for the tape to pull the vinyl.  It nearly made me forget my dreams of starting a vinyl business.  I realize that the cheap vinyl "is what it is"  :thumbsup: but I gotta tell ya, the combo of cheap vinyl WITH cheap tape is a real downer for the newbie. So, my suggestion... put a high tack or at least a better quality app tape with the "Sign supply starter kit". Even if you have to charge a bit more- you'll be miles ahead on newbie satisfaction. 

2. Better Packaging or shipments

I ordered a roll of Oracal along with better application tape and a set of new cutting blades.  What I got was a large box and in it was a box or Oracal-in good shape, a big roll of clear applicatin tape- no problem with it but it was packed with a single sheet of crumpled up butcher paper which allowed the heavy 15" roll of application tape to move about the length of the box (24 inches) freely. Well, I found what I think was a little plastic case for the cutting blades as it was just beat to a pulp and I found 2 of the three cutters.  The third must have gotten out of the box as the tape was only partially covering the top of the box.  I didn't ask about my missing blade because I was too upset with USCUtter at the time but have since cooled off some. Bottom line- do some reasonable packing to avoid broken products and encourage re-orders.

If you sold single cutting blades, I'd ask for another but I don't feel right taking a full box when I was short only 1.

That's my 5cents.

-JJP

:thumbsup: Props to USCutter and marcosa! Not only did my message get heard, I got a new 3 pack of blades in the mail today.  Thank you for listening.  I am indeed impressed with this response.  I am very glad I chose to purchse from USCutter.

-Jeff

I know this is old but just stating out I have to comment on this.  It is great to see a company as big as US Cutters listen to it's customers and not only listen but take immediate action and correct the problem.  Hats off to you...

US Cutter always listens to it's customers. Marcus doesn't post all that often but he is on here more than it appears. And when the owner of a company takes the time to read his forums...that says it all. I bet Michael Dell doesn't even know how to get to his forums.