Sign in to follow this  
Jerry Bonham

SignBlazer Support

Guest round2racing

Yep, that's why I put the round2racing in parentheses.

I figured I would use my business name.

Nice . Where did the Mac come from ( part of your name? )

Guest round2racing

Yeah, My last name is McMunn.

I took the Mc and made it Mac. 

So here is a stupid question...How can I get a copy of the HotShot or Pro?  I see what it can do and it would make my life so much easier then what the Element does for me.  I realize that this company is in the process of being sold or going through a lawsuit or something of that nature.  Does that mean that we can't get the better version of the software?

Thanks

ebay is your best bet. I have seen them from time to time. Do a 'saved search' and you will be notified if anyone lists one. I have also seen copies available in the UK.

Only way to get that is to buy it from somebody who has it . Color Chrome First ( parent co ) is out of business . I searched on the net to find distributors who had copies still , but none were offering it , even though they had it listed . Was expensive ( $500 )  & probably not worth the cost considering most things can be done in Elements . There are several people who have it , but the pirating thing has most scared even though the parent company is out of business .  ;)

It is personal preference . Flexi Pro ( or Corel if you don't mind having to send to a cutting software ) is the best if you can justify the expense . SignBlazer has no competition because it has always has been free in the trial mode which does everything the registered Elements version does . Read pages in the 60's in the SignBlazer section & everybody posted how much better than Flexi Starter it is .

no difference in either trial & the only difference in the registered Elements version is the nag screens that are in the trial versions are not in the registered version ( big deal , 3 clicks  ;) ) . There is something in 1 of the threads that eliminate the nag screens , but it seems you have to use an older version of SignBlazer , not the 6.24 ( from memory )

You are welcome . Glad to help  ;)

Rodger

You have probably been asked over and over .. but would like some additional info on SignBlazer looked for some detailed input on the software .. moving from old school to computer graphics .. have used typestyler for my signs but now going to incorporate vinyl lettering into my work .. 

What do you suggest  for getting a read on your signblazer ..says it is for beginner types - that's me .

thanks

Procase

Hi ProCase ,

When I bought my cutters ,  I was as beginner as could be . I had watched a friend make decals for me free of charge , but he would never make them as I wanted or let me play on his computer ( he had the best Flexi at that time ) . That is why I bought my cutters . Inkscape & SignCut was packaged with my cutters . Right away I could make the decals I wanted for my trucks & equipment . They were all pretty much standard lettering . You make what you want in Inkscape & send the file to SignCut to cut . Within a month USCutter started packaging SignBlazer & the free trial was offered ...everybody was awe struck . I learned fast because it was easy & had help from BannerJohn , other members , Jerry ( owner of the software ) & the crew at Color Chrome First . I don't know what there is in vinyl decal work that can't be done with SignBlazer Elements trial version . Recently I sent my copy of Flexi Starter to another board member to try before she bought a copy of Flexi Starter . She sent it back & thanked me because she liked SignBlazer MUCH better .

I'm sure Flexi Pro is much better , but that isn't offered free as SignBlazer is . In the 1 1/2 years since Jerry's passing no official support has been available . BUT in this forum there are several " experts " with SignBlazer ( Jay being 1 & he is VERY helpfull & giving of his time ) & the download will stay available thru this forum or it's members .

I have tried to find out about any software evolving from the SignBlazer roots . I have been told there might be 2 companies coming out with their own updated versions of Signblazer . That may never happen or it could be tomorrows news  :)

I have reread the SignBlazer section a couple times & have learned more each read . That is what anybody who wants to learn more & be able to do more with SignBlazer should do . Start at the oldest page ( page 64 a couple weeks ago ) & read to page 1. The elements version is mainly meant for Vinyl  . The hot shot & pro is aimed towards printers etc . 

BTW , what are you calling old school :D hand painting ?

regards & ask away .

Very new to this, and I'm a bit in the dark.

I have a image/logo in Adobe Illustrator and want to import it to sign Blazer.  Can this be done?  If not, is there another format that imports into sign blazer?  How do I import the file?  Is it possible to just import layers?  Any advice is very much appreciated.  Thanks, Joe

bella,

i just copy in illy, and open s.b. and paste, works fine for me

Hi,

need a little help on cutting large sign on signblazer.

When i cut a small sign (about 12 inches) no problem.

But if i need to cut something like 60 inches long, my cutter sort about twice the length i need before to start cutting something. I loose twice the length in material everytime ....

Can you help?

Thanks a lot.

Hello,

My husband, Chip, bought a new machine from US Cutter & he loves it! Problem is that we do not have any pictures such as bucking horses or other rodeo related themes. What do we need to do to be able to make a sticker with words and photo? Is it omething we can download like shareware or do we need to purchase a whole new system?

Feel free to give him a call at 316-993-3497 to discuss. I am merely the messenger....

Thank you,

Debi Hutchinson

If signblazer is out of business is there any way to export all my work to something else that is as user friendly (try 4500 fies) and please not corel draw?

If signblazer is out of business is there any way to export all my work to something else that is as user friendly (try 4500 fies) and please not corel draw?

They are out of business but it still works and a ton of folks use it.  Do a search on the forum someone her has a download for it for a couple dollars to get rid of the nag screens.  I would be lost without SB.. good luck