Aaron636r

Displaying your vectors....

What is the best way to go about in displaying samples of all the vectors one may have? Printed catalog...etc...

A good friend of mine is having a very large car show and offered me a free booth to take the plotter to and maybe make a little cash.  But whats the best way to show potential customers...ideas they may want.

Anyone?

Thanks

I would say the BEST way is to cut one of each if possible, or at least the most popular for the even you are attending and putting them on something, coroplast or acrylic and display them.

That is the best was as they are going to be easily visible and people passing by might like something and go close, check them out and buy them.

If you have a catalog, people will really want to buy sometime for them to spend the time and effort to go page by page.

If you display them, even if the people were not thinking about buying a decal, there is a chance they will see something they like and go there.

You could have the most popular ones displayed and then the rest on a catalog if you have too many.

Joe

Makes sense.  However I have a week before this show.  I will print what I can in the time I have.

Now how are you keeping them filed?  Example...customer points to image "I want that one"...whats the best way to cataloging everyting for the sake of finding them?

I know the names of each one of me designs and I have them all together, but you could have them in different folders, like

Cars

People

Music

Animals

The different sub folders

Cars >

Ford

Chevy

Honda

Dodge

Toyota

I think a visual would be best

people are always in a hurry & prob wont want to look through a book of images

like earlier stated cut some put em on a banner or poster board

and if someone asks about something then they can look at your collection

thats how we do it just cut a varitey of decals

hope it helps

I have 3 three foot X eight foot  banners with  the most popular ones on them.

Plus 6 catalogs for doing swapmeets and street fairs.

Also do customs on the spot.

mark-s

How did you put them all into a catalog? Did you print multiple thumbnails on one sheet of paper?  If so, how did you go about in doing that? 

Multiple thumbnails on one sheet.

Irfranview is how I made the catalogs.

Irfanview is free off the net....great program.

mark-s

Can Irfranview not view EPS files?  Looks like from what I read it can but im not getting it to work with all my eps files

Yes it can for the most part, they must also be tiff to view.

What I do when an eps can`t be viewed is import in to COREL and export back out again then I can view them. Corel does auto tiff to the EPS files.

Irfanview will not view AI format.

Another way to view everything is PAINT SHOP PRO.

mark-s

thanks for the corel tip,, i spend most of the night last night opening up eps, in sb and then exorting as jpg,, i have alot left so i will try the corel tip

MMM

Just was reading about a great function in Photoshop.  Worked perfectly to put all my vectors/eps into catalog form. 

Appreciate everyone's help!!

Just was reading about a great function in Photoshop.  Worked perfectly to put all my vectors/eps into catalog form. 

Share Please....

+1 please share

While photoshop is open.  Go to <file> <automate> <contact sheet>

Choose the folder you have your images/eps files in.  Choose how many you want on a display. Thank click ok.  Now if you have a lot of images...this will take some time for photoshop to put them all together.

Once its done doing it you will have a bunch of separate pages opened in photoshop with all your images on them. Than if you like, you can than save all pages into one PDF file.  Which is great because you can print this pdf file and than you have a nice catalog of your images.  Whats even cooler is photoshop will include the name of that images under the image...so if you have some one who wants a cetain image you can see the file name and find it easily on your computer without having to look threw thousands of images

Sorry for the delay.  Just got off work.

Its a great feature.  You surely cant plot every piece of image you have...so having this option is pretty cool in my opinion.

Plus it extremely easy to do.

:thumbsup:

Aaron I'm not sure how to create the pdf files (never done it)

how bout a quick how to :):)?