Sign in to follow this  
Guest missy

leaning font

Guest missy

I am trying to do the number 3 for a dirt track race car.  I can italize the font and it will lean to the right.  What can I do to make it lean to the left? Thanks for your help

See if this will work for you. In inkskape goto tool bar on left and click A and put your 3 in box goto tool bar on left click arrow at top of tool bar on left, arrows appear around 3, drag one arrow to stretch it big enough to work with, goto center of 3 and click, arrows change directions, then drag center arrow under 3 left or right for slant you want. Hope it works for you, it did for me. :waving:

Guest missy

Sorry this not work, actualy I only need to move the top half of the number.  When you use italics the number slants to the left.  I need it to slant to right.  Thanks for your help

Judd is right, moving the horizontal arrow is how you apply an angle or skew to text.

I put two 3's on a page.  I made one Italic.  Changed the color of the other one and put it on top of the italic character.  I could skew it to almost exactly match the italic number just by moving the horizontal arrow on top of the text. 

Another, more precise option is to select OBJECT>Transform from the top menu then click on the Skew tab.  Put in the angle you want Positive number for Left skew, Negative number for Right skew.  That way you can get the same angle (positive or negative) on each number.

Hey dgreenh, Thanks for showing how you do it looks better than how I was doing it. So much to learn it sometimes gets overwhelming but its fun and interesting. :huh:

Lots to learn is right.  I don't even use Inkscape but I've played with so many graphics programs for so many years that I have figured out that they are all really pretty much the same.  Everyone just tends to change the names of commands and tools so it looks like you are learning something new and revolutionary.  Some implement the tools better or differently than others, but if you learn one program really well, you can pretty much figure out most of the others.  I've been using CorelDraw since version 2 so that is what I like to work with.  Everything else takes me more time and effort to figure out.  Sometimes a challenge is fun and I like to help people.