Sign in to follow this  
Smiley

CT630 Cutting Pressure Setup

How do I set the cutting pressure?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How do I set the cutting pressure?

• pdsmiles@aapt.net.au
    • pdsmiles@aapt.net.au

Hi, I'm new to your forum and glad to find it. I am trying to set up a CT630 and have communication with the device but when cutting I only get dots, not cuts. I read that the mode button can be pressed to show Press but all I get is speed settings. The plus and minus buttons can alter the speed but how do I get to the pressure settings?

I look forward to hearing from anyone who can help.

Thank You.

once you take the machine "offline" by pressing the online button.... continue pressing the "mode" button and it will take you through all of the cutters settings. After about 3 to 5 presses, the pressure setting will come up.

to br honest... i hadn't turned on my pcut in so long, i had fogotten how to do it. i had to borrow my refine's power cord, and plug it into the pcut to remind myself, lol.

Thanks for the response FireMalt, I must have a dud, the mode button only gives speed setting. I clearly haven't set my profile up well I'm from Mandurah Western Australia.

Regards.

Did you purchase this PCut from USCutter? If so give us a call and we can get your problem figured out. If you aren't getting anything other then speed when you press mode there is definitely something wrong. Go to www.support.uscutter.com and start a support ticket.

once you take the machine "offline" by pressing the online button.... continue pressing the "mode" button and it will take you through all of the cutters settings. After about 3 to 5 presses, the pressure setting will come up.

to br honest... i hadn't turned on my pcut in so long, i had fogotten how to do it. i had to borrow my refine's power cord, and plug it into the pcut to remind myself, lol.

Hi Firemalt,

Why did you go from a PCUT to a Refine? Is it better?

I wouldn't say it's a better machine... but for me, the refine cuts just a little better than my pcut.

I've learned a lot since I've put the pcut off to the side, so when I have some spare time in the near future, I may dust it off, and do a side by side comparison

I wouldn't say it's a better machine... but for me, the refine cuts just a little better than my pcut.

I've learned a lot since I've put the pcut off to the side, so when I have some spare time in the near future, I may dust it off, and do a side by side comparison

It's cause Im considering purchasing a +48" vinyl cutter and I thought that having the third roller would mark down the vinyl. Do you see that problem with the Refine? Cause its' alot cheaper than the 48" LaserPoint. Or should I go with the LaserPoint 48" or PCut 48"?

It's hard to say... both machines have good features.

Refine... comes with 3 pinch roolers, they are also adjustable.

PCUT... only has 2 pinch rollers, and they are not adjustable, but the PCUT has an internal fan, that "sucks" the vinyl material downwards to keep the material from buckling by the blade.

You can also add pinch rollers to both machines...