dustinjtrr

Who here uses a graphics tablet?

such as a wacom?

I'm just curious.  I've been using a Wacom Bamboo 5"x3" for about a year or so...  before I got my cutter actually.  The one thing I regret is that I didn't get one of the bigger ones. 

I would probably go with the Intuos 6x11 for a couple reasons.  First is obviously the real estate.  Second, because it's 16:10 like my monitor.  Right now I have a 4:3 tablet with a 16:10 monitor, which doesn't sound like it makes that big a difference on the surface, but when it comes to trying to draw things like circles you soon realize that your circles become ovals. 

The difference in price is pretty substantial, but looking back, I would probably shell out the extra ~$300 for the Intuos if my Bamboo breaks.

If any of you out there have a cintiq....  :drool:

My 12 year old uses her Bamboo every day.  I let her draw her own designs and I cut them out of vinyl and make her t-shirts.  She loves the tablet so much that she's decided to use her savings and get herself a new tablet laptop this month.  She'll be thinking of more designs to sell....Here's the first one she did for herself last year: 

232323232%7Ffp53265%3Enu%3D3237%3E682%3E7%3A2%3E23286828938%3C3ot1lsi

I have a cheapy 6"x8" digipro I bought from woot.com a few months ago for like $25.00, haven't used it but once for about 30 minutes.

12x12 summagraphics. I love ;) Wil not run with Vista though :rolleyes:

If you are getting new tablet... get the big one if u can. I can lay a print on mine and trace straight into software. It also works great 4 photo editing in photoshop.

I got a Genius tablet, I think from Amazon, bout a hundred bucks, 9 x 12? Tablet works OK, operator doesn't know what he's doing.

I've been using tablets since 1984. I love 'em. I've got an old Wacom Intous 4x5. I used it for texturing CG models for tv shows. It's small size fits nice on a cluttered desk.

My present PC doesn't have a serial port, so I run it through a usb emulator.

Dave

I have one and used it a few times but my bunny ate through the USB cord :P

haha, Im with knucklehead, operator behind mine is a bit slow, Im sure I could use it for lots of things...

Oh well, its one less thing on my desk :)

Wayne

one thing you might want to keep in mind if you buy a tablet pc that they don't have pressure levels like a graphics does. 

ok....so my question is, which is the best to use to design your own graphics? and what about a scribe, will that work?

THANKS

lue anne

a scribe is not intended to be used for drawing graphics.  i would recommend a wacom. 

go back to my first post in the thread if you want my opinion.  the cheapest place that i have seen them is amazon.  although newegg has had them on sale before.  the wacom bamboo... http://www.amazon.com/Bamboo-Small-Pen-Tablet-Only/dp/B000V9T2JA/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1234727528&sr=8-1 is a great first tablet for under $70. if you are looking to stay cheap.  I wouldn't recommend other brands.

I haven't ever used one and actually was wondering how people made their own graphics. I guess this answers my question. It is good to know the pros and cons and how they work. I just love this forum and how everyone has so much advice and knowledge.

Thank you all!

Christi