Sign in to follow this  
CRD

PCUT knife off set for standard knife

Hi,

Does anyone know the knife offset setting in mm for the knifes that come standard with PC cut machines. I cant find it on the package or on the knife or manual. Also search in this forum does not give me exact answer.

Regards, Paco Raap

If you do a search for "blade offset" you will find a lot of info on the subject. Most seem to suggest .25.

I see several mentions that the blade holder should be in the rear hole also but mine won't fit in that hole, not even if I take the pinch screw completely out it won't go in.

If you do a search for "blade offset" you will find a lot of info on the subject. Most seem to suggest .25.

I see several mentions that the blade holder should be in the rear hole also but mine won't fit in that hole, not even if I take the pinch screw completely out it won't go in.

i also had trouble getting the knife in the rear hole but a little bit of pressure and it went in ok

stu

I found the suggested 0,25 mm too.

But never an official version.  :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing the info.

In case some has an official statement then please let me know.

Regards, Paco

You will need to pull the carriage arm apart a little bit to slip it in. It is a tight fit.

CRD there is not an official offset that you need to use. A lot of the time I use 0 and get pretty decent cuts. The factory setting on these machines isn't always spot on so the blade offset varies. We recommend starting with .25 mm and adjusting by .05 mm from there.

You will need to pull the carriage arm apart a little bit to slip it in. It is a tight fit.

CRD there is not an official offset that you need to use. A lot of the time I use 0 and get pretty decent cuts. The factory setting on these machines isn't always spot on so the blade offset varies. We recommend starting with .25 mm and adjusting by .05 mm from there.

I don't know what to say, I just pulled the screw completely out and pulled the arm apart until I thought it was going to break and the blade holder would NOT go in the rear hole. Maybe if I took it apart and reamed it out but I'm not going to do that or break my carriage arm when the unit works decent with it in the front. My cuts have been a little ragged and not always complete but I guess I'll have to live with that. Sure makes it a pain to weed when one character is cut completely and the next has to be pulled out.