Sign in to follow this  
hamlettsigns

Tiles How well are they selling?

We are selling 4"x4" coasters (Tile) that we buy from Lowes at a cost of .28. Using a vine font for there 1 letter initial (about 3"x3")  and using black Orcal 651. After we apply the vinyl we spray with clearcoat (not sure of the brand, but it is non-yellowing from Lowes) just to make sure all is sealed. We also add the small felt disk to the 4 corners on the bottom to stop scratching (Lowes). All said and done...about $1.65 including the white box we put them in(web find). Takes about 20 min. to complete set of 4. Sale price: $20.00!

We do sell these in the wifes retail shop...Initialize It! With about 10 or so sales a week so far! Our base is embroidery with engraving outsourced. Now we are using the Pcut for items such as this...and having a ball! We also vinyl flower vases....cookie jars....picture frames...etc. Please post any great ideas ya'll have .... maybe we can spead the wealth! (yea!!!...thank you Lord...love that money!)(That was for all the Rickey Bobby NASCAR fans:)

In closing ....Thanks! To everyone on the forum for your great questions and answers! You all make this vinyl cutting business a pleasure! :thumbsup:;D ;D

P.S.: this was not an ad for Lowes! But I did sleep in a Hobby Lobby Last nite! ;D

This tiles look great, I've made a couple, but was wondering, do you do anything to the back of the 13X12 tiles?

Cindy

This tiles look great, I've made a couple, but was wondering, do you do anything to the back of the 13X12 tiles?

Cindy

Sorry for the time length in response to your question Cindy, been out of town. I myself purchased some sheets of felt from Michaels to back the larger tiles with. just gives it a more professional look. They have it in all colors but I prefer the dark brown.

Renee

Cindy....  Hobby Lobby also has the thin cut corkboard you can put on the back.  Just finished a couple of them.

tile2.jpg

tile3.jpg

later...

Pappy

I have already sold 12 in the last couple months for $25 each for 12 by 12's including HL easels at $3, and no one is batting an eye at the prices.

post-6383-1298654803187_thumb.jpg

post-6383-12986548049555_thumb.jpg