jayben03

Cutting twill fabric

I am looking to purchase a plotter in the future and my buddy told me about this site and you guys seem to know the most about the use of plotters. I was wondering if I would be able to cut of even mark on a type of twill that is used for sports jerseys? Or if there is a certain way to set up the fabric so that I can cut it? I hope you guys can help me out with this question of mine.   ;D

Not sure if this would work or not....Tape the fabric tight onto something thicker so it feeds better. Then put a sharpie in the carrage and cut it out with scissors. just a suggestion

I have never cut fabirc, but I dont think that Its possible.  Drawing on it would be another issue.  I think that is a good posibility...  Sharpie and then cut by hand would probably be your best bet.

Thanks guys I will try it when I go home on the 11th of August because my buddy has a plotter and I will post what happens. We are going to try it with some sort of backing whether it is backing tape of something else I saw that someone used a squeegee to put a backing on the fabric. I hope we dont wreck his plotter when we try to cut the fabric. Is there a recommended type of backing that should be used? We were looking to use like a backing tape. The thickness of the fabric is about a little more than half of a credit card so I hope it works. Thanks guys for your posts and I will get back with you about what happens.