Sign in to follow this  
mrkaine

I just got my cutter

I have put it together, the stand all.  I have not put the blades on, I only placed it in the stand after assembling the stand.  What I am needing from you guys is help in putting the blades in.  I looked at it and I don't really like the instructions that came with it.  Could anyone help me with the blades?  I loaded the trial signcut but I am going to need help with, I am new to this and vinyl cutters period.  Thanks guys.  I am learning alot from you all. 

To install the blades just remove the red cover on the blade which is covering up the cutting end of the blade. Insert the other end of the blade (which is center pointed but not meant for cutting) into the end of the blade holder. The blade will magnetically attach itself inside of the blade holder. Adjust the blade height so it is just barely sticking out of the holder; just enough to cut the vinyl but not the backing on the vinyl. You can adjust the blade by moving the brass and silver screws at the top of the blade holder to adjust for the correct height on the blade. If you have any further questions you might want to email me directly with your phone number so I can call you to help with setup.

I have the blade in the holder but cant figure out in which place the pen and blade holder go. I too am new to this entire cutting thing, I too believe the manual is leaving alot out. (for newbys like me that are totally green at this. ) I would Love further help, I cant wait to learn how to operate this stuff. Thanks so much Annette

Guest fivestar

Standing facing the plotter looking at the the blade holder, put the blade into the farthest away from you, over the plastic part of the cutting strip and the pen would go in the other spot, if you would ever need to use that.

The outer most position is also used for cutting lighter materials.You can place the pen in either postion.I use pens of different lengths and sizes,so I use the two positions to better fit the size.Remember when you are pen plotting to allow time to do the plot.When you are using pens,it's best to run them at 16 or lower i.p.s. because if you run a large fill area at a high speed it will dry out the pen and that will just piss you off.Also remember to check your program and UN-check advance after plot.If you don't,while you're not watching ,a pen will dry out on you and run half the design with no color.And that will piss you off.If you have it set NOT to advance after plot,you can just resend the design and put the pen in just before it dried out,then you're good to go.