tlzimmerman

***How To Video*** Simple Vectorize in Inkscape

I love the support and information that can be found on this forum, haven't been a member long but I figured it was time for me to make a contribution back. 

This is a desktop recording of how to vectorize a simple image in Inkscape...hope everyone enjoys!

Requires flash player to play.

***** Dead link removed by mod - rest of thread left for info **********

• Like 2

that is just what i have been looking for thanks

but is it possible to slow the process down a little its way to fast to follow for me

thanks

stu  :) :)

That was very helpful. I'm new at this and was having problems with that very thing. Thank again! :)

Yeah the clicks turned out a little faster than I wanted......sorry about that.  I don't have more time to go through and redo it all right now, you are going to have to use the pause button and just move the slider left and right, doing it that way you can see what I click on better.

I will get it redone sometime.

that is just what i have been looking for thanks

but is it possible to slow the process down a little its way to fast to follow for me

thanks

stu   :) :)

I wish I had a video camera and I would show the way I do it in corel draw. Anyone want to volunteer to do it for me? We need something like that for Corel Draw and Illustrator too.

I wish I had a video camera and I would show the way I do it in corel draw. Anyone want to volunteer to do it for me? We need something like that for Corel Draw and Illustrator too.

I used a program called wink to make that presentation....its pretty simple you should give it a try if you want to do it for corel draw.  I would do it in corel draw and illustrator (i have access to both those programs as well) but I tend to do it all in Inkscape....I am getting better results with inkscape then I am in those 2 programs. 

I just watched the video ver nivce I do have a guestion being new I have pictures that I have saved on my computer from racing can I vectorize these pictures and hopw do I do this

Thanks

Vectorizing pictures can be done, but its a whole nother ballgame not covered in that video.  My advice is give it a shot, play around with the different settings. 

Remove caps lock....that will fix all your problems....inkscape HATES capslock.

Ok maybe thats me who hates capslock....anyways...:thumbsup:

Here is the link to the windows version.  Just download and install, its very simple.

http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?groupname=inkscape&filename=Inkscape-0.46.win32.exe&use_mirror=superb-east

Just followed through the video thingy step by step and it worked a treat for me.  ;D

Thanks for taking the time to post this up tlzimmerman. ;D

This video was great, I can now cut some graphics. I have watched it , many times and keep missing the clean up part of the video. How do you get the lines you donot want to disappear. I keep missing where it goes from the green pen tool to the select and then to object, but then what?

Are you talking about node editing?  Use the node edit tool and click on your path, which shows you all the nodes...you can then delete move and redo the curves as you see fit to clean it up.

I just ran acros this and THANKS for the post. Really good information.

The link to this video doesn't work any longer.... :( Does anyone have a link to one that does???  I'm trying to learn how to vectorize some of my own files in inkscape.

Thanks so much for any help!