tlzimmerman

***How To Video*** Simple Vectorize in Inkscape

I love the support and information that can be found on this forum, haven't been a member long but I figured it was time for me to make a contribution back. 

This is a desktop recording of how to vectorize a simple image in Inkscape...hope everyone enjoys!

Requires flash player to play.

:)http://www.thomasandjayme.net/flashpresentation/2ndtry.htm  :lol:

• Like 5

Free program called "Wink", it has its quirks.....and you have to set it up right so the files don't get huge, but its pretty neat.  I work on a helpdesk for an ISP we use it alot for customer how to's.

You are most welcome for the help.  As for the video, a big thanks to tlzimmerman for that too. I wouldn't know what I am doing if I hadn't found it. Actually,I still don't know what I am doing, I'm just fumbling along. :thumbsup:

You are most welcome for the help.  As for the video, a big thanks to tlzimmerman for that too. I wouldn't know what I am doing if I hadn't found it. Actually,I still don't know what I am doing, I'm just fumbling along. :thumbsup:

Ha ha I know that feeling.. I keep messing around and stuff keeps coming out looking ok so i must be doing something right. I'd def be lost without this site and the amazing peops on here thats for sure

THANKS!  Also another capture screen/video utility that works great is fastone capture.  I've used it for a long time and it is great!

http://www.faststone.org/

later...

Pappy

Many thanks for this video. I was having crazy problems trying to get signblazer to cut. Kept telling me "Drawing contains a bitmap. Only other object will be cut and bitmaps will not be cut" Now I'm cutting away!

Thanks

Excellent video. Would have been nice to slow that pointer down a bit, but can always hit the pause button.

:thumbsup:

Ohh.....whoops those links are broken at the moment because I just redid my website....I'll get it fixed here soon and post back.

Sorry

That is a great video, I haven't used InkScape yet, but I am going to try to today. This was very helpful. I could have saved a lot of time on a photo I scanned in yesterday, I sat there and played with all those nodes in Signblazer lol. Well I am glad I did though, I learned completely how to use Signblazer from that one episode

Thanks for that! you have jsut saved me hour's and hour's of time messing with nodes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your a life saver!

Thanks again your awesome!

I have illy, and really like it for alot of stuff, but for vectorizing and vinyl....I work about 2x as fast in inkscape.

My .02, everyone is different.

Great Vid!!!! I'm sure this helps alot of people out as far as bitmaps are concerned!  ;)