Sign in to follow this  
hopkinsrj

exporting from inkscape

Ok, I vectored a logo on Inkscape and it looks ten times better than SB's vectors.  But I have tried everything that I can think of to open the Inkscape vector in SB and I have gotten one file to transfer but the image was blank, otherwise I can't get the file to show up in SB, please help if you can, thanks, Rick.

Hey Rick, when you vectorize in Inkscape, be sure to delete the "image" file and just leave the "path" file. Inkscape will tell you which is which at the bottom of the screen when you select one.

From there, rather than export, use the "save as" feature, and you will have smooth sailing from there. Import in SBE and resize until you get what you want.

It's better if you resize in SBE rather than Inkscape. If the vector file gets too big, SBE can choke on it. Import small, resize in SBE and you're good.

Good luck.

okay Rick... in Inkscape, after you get your image vectorized, you want to go to "file", scroll down to "save as" once click once. Name the file whatever you want, and then make sure you have the file type set to save as an eps. Open SBE, go to "file", scroll down to "import" and click once. Find the eps file you created in Inkscape, highlight the image, and then click open/okay.

That should work for ya, if not... please post the image, and I'll see whats going on.  :thumbsup:

SBE does have a vector function, but basically their stuff sucks for vectoring. I'm not sure what option you are missing in SBE.

Vectorize in Inkscape, delete the "image" graphic, then use the Save as. I usually save my stuff as an .eps file. Then go to SBE, File -> Import. Make sure that you're importing the vector image. The preview feature in SBE will also show the thumbnails of raster images, so be sure you choose the vector image.

If you're having trouble with a specific image, attach it so we can take a look at what's give you trouble. You add attachments by expanding the "Additional Options..." just below the reply box.

I had a problem deleting the wrong image.

What works for me is after doing the trace seperate the 2 images click the node edit button and delete the 1 you cant edit