Sign in to follow this  
stickygrafix

Creation Pcut 630 and Refine MH721 the same?

I'm reading the problems people are having about the "usb device malfunction" and the "machine cuts across the vinyl during multiple images" and I'm starting to think that the Creation pcut 630 has just had a new cover put on it with a different control panel and they added 1 pinch roller and called it a new machine. Am I correct? What are the odds that EVERY, not just 1 or 2, but EVERY problem people have on here with the MH721 are the same problems I've had with the creation pcut 630? This really sucks, I thought I had finally found a good machine for the money only to find that this machine sucks just like the one I have and it hasn't even arrived in the mail yet!!!!! I guess the old saying is true, "you get what you pay for". I guess the only way by graphics shop is gonna survive is if I invest around $4000 into a high, top of the line Roland machine or something. Like I said in another post, I'll be using the 30 day money back guarantee as soon as it arrives I'm sure. I'll give it a shot with a couple of big cuts and multiple images, but if it screws up 1 time...back in the box it goes. ;D

The majority of our users have not had 1 single problem with their MH721, aside from the learning curve of getting used to using it and the software. Because of the cost, they have made back their investment tenfold. Like any electronic hooked up to a PC or Mac, there will be some conflicts and kinks to adjust in order for it to run smoothly depending upon your particular computer. Some customers have some patience and understanding, and are willing to troubleshoot in order to make it fuction as it should, and some do not.

Give it a shot, and if you need help setting it up, or a basic tutorial....email me directly kenimes@uscutter.com

You will see that if you cut something on the MH721, and then on one of the $4000 machines, then you put them next to each other- you cannot tell them apart. As for multiple copies, as with any friction feed cutter, there will be some drift unless you line up the material as straight as can be. Again, it just takes some patience and trial and error before the kinks of learning a new machine are worked out. We are always happy to assist.

Guest fivestar

Sticky like Ken said the 721 will cut just as good as a $4000 machine.  I can't tell you if the pcut and 721 are the same machine, but I can tell you that I believe most people's problem with cut lines are due to static and humidity.  I am one of those ones who had alot of problems with the cut lines, but since I installed an A/C unit I have not had any problems whatsoever.  As for the vinyl drifting, it is as simple as making sure it is lined up exactly and the pinch rollers all have the same tension on them, once you get that it becomes alot easier.

The USB to serial conversion is a problem with alot of emulators out there, not just on the plotter scene.

StickyGrafix,

The Refine MH-721 and the PCUT are completely different machines using different components from different manufacturers.  The Creation machines are the better machine of the two.

The Creation machines that we sell now are different than the machines that were sold years ago.  Sign Warehouse does not sell as many machines as we sell, so if you bought a Creation from them a couple years ago, you probably bought a machine that was manufactured up to five years ago before Creation was split into two companies.  The machines we sell now are definitely a step up form the Refines.  That said, you will most likely be very happy with your Refine as it is a solid vinyl cutter as well.

- Marcus

thank you everyone for calming my nerves some. I just know that I have hated my creation recently. I would say out of every 10 decals I cut, 6 to 8 of them are junk. I can NOT cut more than 1 at a time. I had an order come in of baseball decals last week...they wanted 20 6" wide baseballs (very simple design) so I layed them all out on the screen in coreldraw and sent them to the cutter (keep in mind, EVERY program I've tried does the same thing as well as other cords...so it's a cutter issue) and it cut the first one perfectly, it went and cut the second one, but then on the third it just cut a line from the start point of the baseball all the way across the other two it already did. I decided maybe having 20 on the screen was the issue so I did only 3 and it did it the exact same way. Needless to say, cutting 20 decals 1 at a time SUCKS! So I think you might understand why I'm so worried.

As long as the Refine cutter is better than the creation I got from sign warehouse...I'll be fine!

Guest fivestar

I've cut upto 50 decals at once with my refine 721 I believe, I know it was alot at once.  Also I cut over 15' length at once with no problems after I put an A/C unit upstairs where I have my shop now.  Before when it was warm and humid up there anything I cut over 24" would give the "line of death".  Now I have not had any problems at all (knock on wood). 

I've got about 150 t-shirts to do within a month and 2 dump trucks within a week to do so I hope nothing happens.  ;D