angelodvl

Thermo Flex Vinyl

I have a question, where do you guys purchase your vinyl from, I am located in Riverside County, CA. I normally order from Ordway, but I don't do so much so when I buy the 1 yard the shipping comes out more expensive than the vinyl. I checked out http://www.denversignsupply.com/ , but I do not understand their pricing for their poly-flex vinyl. Thank you all

I get my Thermoflex from Stahl's

I like Imprintables best, Spectra Eco, for items that don't require Thermoflex

Guest fivestar

Try Siser's Easyweed right here from US Cutter.  It is excellent vinyl.

I like Imprintables best, Spectra Eco,

doh... let's hope fivestar doesn't see this thread!!! lol :thumbsup:

Shhhhh, don't rattle his cage  :huh: I know I know, but I think when he commented before he likes Eco just not a sim one from Imprintables?:thumbsup: I really need to try Siser's since he says it's the same thing as Eco. What usually happens is the client wants it yesterday and I end up w Stahl's version of Eco and it is not as nice at all.

Guest fivestar

Siser's Easyweed and Shitprintable's Ecofilm are INDENTICAL.  :thumbsup::huh:;D

No to open a can of worms but whats the hub-bub? I must have missed that discussion...

Guest fivestar

Well it looks like US Cutter is actually 13 cents more then Shitprintable's.....but I wouldn't give them a dollar for 2 dollars.

with USC's flat rate shipping, i would think they would be cheaper in the long run.

Five that's what I was thinking as well with cheaper shipping. You are in the same boat as I, Midwest, how long does it take to ship to you? Or is that dropshipped out of IL? If I have a headsup I can order accordingly, but like I said that isn't always the case. BTW, why don't you two like Imprintables. I only found out about them thru the embroidery world.

BTW, why don't you two like Imprintables. I only found out about them thru the embroidery world.

search the forums, and you shall found out why  :thumbsup:

Guest fivestar

Hmmm do I remember it has to do w equipment and not vinyl itself?

No it was their vinyl and their lying ass used car salesman Josh.  He flat out lied to me when they had a product failure.  As for shipping, honestly I haven't ordered any from US Cutter for quite some time, I actually use Joto's multicut because it's 20" wide and most of my designs are 9"-9.5" wide so I can get 2 designs out of that width.

I'm sure Ken or Levi will let you know where it'd ship from.  Easyweed is thinner then multicut or thermoflex though.  

Thanks Five, and I like it thinner hand....feels more like screened to me. Is that how wide you usually do an adult size, 9-9.5"? If so, you have my attention because I also have too much waste. I've been using the adult size 11x11 that Transfer Express uses for their specs. If it still looks good I have no problem making them smaller so I get 2 images instead of one. I save all those small pcs but don't have as much use for them.

Guest fivestar

Yup I do adults them sizes and never had one complaint.  Now when doing 2xl and above I will widen them up a little, but those sizes are rare for me.  I actually had to put name and number on someone's yesterday for them that they had bought off someone else and that design was only 7"x6".  Now to me that looked way too small but I figure they was trying to get 2 out of a 15" roll. 

Thanks Five, sounds good to me and if you aren't getting complaints I'm sure I wouldn't either. Now I agree that name/number is a bit small for an adult. I usually do 11" names with 8" numbers. Numbers vary with the client's want.

*Sorry not trying to hijack thread, this info is very useful as well, for those doing heatpress vinyl

Thank you all, I am going to check the sites. But do you know how fast they ship to California. Is the vinyl from US cutter as good as Thermo flex, and does it have the sticky backing? Because I have washed and dried thermo flex with no problems. Ho do I see the vinyl from US Cutter. Also has anyone ever bought heat press vinyl from ebay?

Be very careful with what you buy on Ebay. Some have bought sign vinyl and it is nothing more than contact paper. I know for me when I buy here (MI) from CA it takes 4 days shipping. So depending on where yours comes from. USCutter is close to you prob 1 or 2 days. They carry Siser I know not sure bout Thermoflex.

How do I order form US Cutter? How good is Siser? Does it have the sticky backing (releasem sheet). How does it compare to thermo fles, I have never used anything other than thermo flex so I have no idea how other vinyls are. Please help. I know that thermoflex you can wash and dry and nothing happens, how about Siser?