cneil79

where to get vinyl

???I was just wondering were every one gets their materials. I know that we can get black and white from us cutter. I also know of sign warehouse. I was ordering my stuff from SSKY.com, but apparently they have closed. So I'm looking for a new supplier.

Any help will be greatly appreacated,

Chris

I have ordered from Ordway aka Signsupply.com they have a nice strater package of MacTac vinyl pretty reasonable.  Beacon Graphics is another vendor I use, a little more expensive but great service they ship DHL one days service in my area for the same shipping cost as others on UPS Ground.

???I was just wondering were every one gets their materials. I know that we can get black and white from us cutter. I also know of sign warehouse. I was ordering my stuff from SSKY.com, but apparently they have closed. So I'm looking for a new supplier.

Any help will be greatly appreacated,

Chris

SignSupplyStone.com aka sskonline.com is now closed up??? Well thats just terrific B) They had all the specialty fantasy vinyls I need/want. So now where to get good deals on FDC stuff like the catseye or oilslick, etc...?

I strongly believe that you should find a local supplier so that you don't have to wait days for orders to ship (leaving your work stranded).  Fellers (fellers.com) is a good bet, as they have 46 locations throughout the US and usually offer reasonable same day or next day delivery prices.  Otherwise check your yellow pages.

- Marcus

I agree.I have a local blueprint supply that I buy from.It's cheaper because I don't have shipping charges.And if a customer orders a color I don't stock I can drive to the store to get it.And it helps strenghten your local economy when you support your local businesses.

i am in missouri and i use R & J SIGN SUPPLY out of st. louis, mo they ship out til 5pm every day and i get my supplies the day after i order it. they are cheaper and they have the specialty vinyl. they carry the universal products and they are cheaper than universal in ks.

this probably don't help you but might help someone.

lue anne

www.mumpowersignsupply.com

has a full line of supplies and their prices are lower than most I"ve tried.They are local to me (almost..15 miles) but they ship.

Personally,I get most of my vinyl on ebay, I've never had a bad experience and I use a LOT of vinyl. I keep all the basic colors in stock,buy 2-3 rolls at a time of every color.

My business is banners but I do stickers,corolpast as well...I get good deals on vinyl that maybe has sprocket damage (no problem with friction feeders) or maybe one end is dented(again no problem for me) I pay average $12 per 12"x 50 YARD roll plus shipping. Very happy so far.

For 15 inch and wider,I just watch for deals or buy from Mumpower.

what would be an average price of vinyl for a owner of a business in decal,banner... per foot? $3 a foot sound right for regular one color? what about....for plain vinyl? for carbon fiber? for specialty like gold leaf and diamond plate, etc?

As for standard vinyl, I charge about $1 per inch, That is if its a decal, and moderately difficult to weed, 6 inch decal, 6 bucks, 10 inch, 10 bucks and so on, Lettering, Im charging about 3-5 dollars per foot... As I have not came into a "Standard" price braket yet.  Banners, the cost varies, I charge the $3-$5 per foot, plus the banner price.  Specialty vinyl (reflective, chrome, carbon filber) is double or even triple price.  I always start out on the high side of the price and 8 outta 10 times, the customer agrees to the price, If you start out high, it leaves plenty of room for negotiation...

I tired stating, Decals, $6 bucks a foot or whatever, and I find most customers will try to sit there and have you fit in it as much as possible...  It becomes a real pain, because you have to sit there and design it, and then weed the extra...

Pricing will always vary due to the market, There is 6 sign shops within a 5 mile radius from me...

Price to make a profit, not to go broke!

There is 11 sign shops within a 7 mile radius from me... more and more are coming out of the wood work everyday. And with all the affordable plotters coming out now (ebay) $600.00 and a Dream your in the signs business...So pricing to make a profit and not go broke is geting harder everyday as well...

For good service, reasonable pricing, and fast shipping use Fellers.com

Fellers also offers vinyl by the yard for your small jobs.

For wide selection of sign blanks, banners, etc use Signwarehouse.com

Signwharehouse is cheaper than fellers in general.  Also they carry lots of high end printers and junk that I can't afford even if the price is right!

I tried a local sign shop for a little bit of vinyl once.  The rascals wanted $3.50 a foot!  I can get it cheaper than that by the yard elsewhere! :D

Oh no...

You cant use vulgarity on this board. and i believe that most of us consider the word 'signw@r3h0u$e.c0m a vulgar word...

Just kidding...

I would not reccommend that place even to the people that i hate the most.  Ill be dammed if there are ever going to see a dime outta me.

Dont goto a local sign shop, goto a local sign supplier...  yellowpages.

Oh Tater, dear Tater, I beg your pardon and most humbly repent for ingnorantly guiding other into errant purchases.

Anyway, where else can I get license plate blanks, aluminum blanks, colored vinyl blanks (precut cause I can't sew!), and the rest.  Fellers doesn't have that stuff other than the basic coroplast.

I haven't found any local sign SUPPLIER, only sign makers who won't be very helpful! 

Oh and what DID S**nWhare*o**e do to you and your buddies anyway :D

Guest fivestar

Signwhorehouse "dissed" US Cutter so they won't get another penny from alot of us on this forum.

SignOutHouse decides to market there products by stating that other competior brand machines are not good as theres.  SignOutHouse also states that US Cutters and other machines made in china are made with compontent un-superior to theres.  They have also emailed one on the moderators and stated that use of there name would cause further action on there part?

Im all about SignOutHouse pointing out the bad of something...  Im all about them wanting to promote there products... But what Im not about is there shady advertising schemes.  This is a message board. Where we get together and share information... My point is obvioulsy SignOutHouse has something to hide, if not, then why the threating letter???

Thats why alot of us dont and wont use SignOutHouse....

Guest fivestar

That's a litte more detailed version. :D

I just checked that out...can't see any products,vinyl or otherwise,without signing up and giving them your credit card///I don't do business like that. I give them my card when i buy,not just to look.

Guest fivestar

BannerJohn I just went to them and I can see everything without giving them any info.  www.signoutletstore.com

I didn't and still don't see any link to click on,such as 'products' etc...last night I tried the search box.no matter what I typed in,nothing came up. Tonight,the search box worked. I guess I am just used to websites that use menus. Once you leave the home page,no place to click to get you back there. But what I saw,didn't look that cheap. $100 vinyl pack...25 yards of vinyl(total), a roll of tape,a few squeegies,and a bottle of appl fluid. I just bought a 30"x50 yard roll of black vinyl for $41. and am used to paying $20-25 for 50yards of 12 or 15 inch.

Guest fivestar

Yes I agree the prices are high, you also must have a popup blocker stopping the menu bar because there is one on the left hand side that lists everything....lol no wonder you was having problems finding any prices.

I looked into that.Disabled the pop-up blocker,still nothing.BUT when I opened in IE,it was there.Which means it requires ActiveX browser. I use Opera,which isn't activeX based,which means more secure.

At least tthat's all I can figure out.

John

Hey guys, anyone in need of specialty vinyl. I have it. I am a distributor in California. I have catalogs for those of you interested in purchasing vinyl from me. It is available in different sizes for all your needs. Those of you interested send me a email with your company info and mailing address. Thanks!