Cre8tiveCutter

Vinyl getting caught in lip of cutter

I finally got my pcut all set to cut and its doing great however can anyone tell me what I can put on ( tape?) the cutter to stop the vinyl from getting caught in the lip? Because the vinyl is rolled it tends to want to fold inward so its getting hung on the lip (or gap) towards the bottom of the cutter. I have to stand there until the vinyl is past that point. It happens on the ridges too sometimes, I wonder why that part wasnt made SMOOTH???

thanx in advance!

Rene'e

Guest sciondrgn

Yup I hate that the pcut is not smooth but I put a strip of black vinyl over mine.. It blends in nicely :huh:

It's actually a nice little built-in cutting tool. The refine has the same thing, but I'm not sure if it's not as deep or because I have a stand for my refine, but the vinyl doesn't get stuck in it like it does on the pcut. But when the cut is done, you just lay one side of the scirror blade in the lip, and start cutting... gives you a straight line everytime.

I talked to a guy on the phone a while ago that somehow mounted a razor blade there so when he was done he could slide the blade along the groove to slice the vinyl.

That gap is actually there because there is a flat bed addition to the machines that mounts on that groove. We just found a huge box of these in our warehouse, they should be going up on the website soon.

UPDATE: The trays I was referring to are now listed on our website, here is a link: http://www.uscutter.com/Flatbed-Tray-for-Creation-PCut-Set-of-2_p_403.html We should be taking pictures of these attached to a machine in the next few days. If anyone has any questions let me know.

I have a Zippy Cutter that runs along the groove. I have a peice of tape over it too though.

I just bite the dust on the extra 5 inches of vinyl it takes to get across the grove BUT a letter opener works great instead of a razor, that way you're not cutting into the grove. Just my 2 cents!

Yup I hate that the pcut is not smooth but I put a strip of black vinyl over mine.. It blends in nicely :thumbsup:

now this is a great idea! I hated the thought of putting masking tape on it cuz well masking tape is ugly...lol Hmmmm....I might have some hot pink vinyl around here somewhere!

thanx for the idea!

Rene'e

Guest sciondrgn

It's actually a nice little built-in cutting tool. The refine has the same thing, but I'm not sure if it's not as deep or because I have a stand for my refine, but the vinyl doesn't get stuck in it like it does on the pcut. But when the cut is done, you just lay one side of the scirror blade in the lip, and start cutting... gives you a straight line everytime.

I use the gap thats next to the ruler as my cutting guide

I just bite the dust on the extra 5 inches of vinyl it takes to get across the grove BUT a letter opener works great instead of a razor, that way you're not cutting into the grove. Just my 2 cents!

I set SignBlazer up so it spits out 5" extra vinyl after the cut so I can use the groove as a cutoff.

I had mine masked but recently re-taped it with electrical tape so it looks better. For cutting I advance the cut area of the vinyl just below the whole bed, cutting groove and all. Then I use a utility knife and slide it along the bottom.

If you watch this video to the 2:45 mark you can see what I'm talking about for the cutting edge.

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=4573603893633444706&hl=en&fs=true

I set SignBlazer up so it spits out 5" extra vinyl after the cut so I can use the groove as a cutoff.

I'm going to try this as well as cover the grooves with vinyl to make it smooth. thanx for the tips everyone!

Renee

I talked to a guy on the phone a while ago that somehow mounted a razor blade there so when he was done he could slide the blade along the groove to slice the vinyl.

That gap is actually there because there is a flat bed addition to the machines that mounts on that groove. We just found a huge box of these in our warehouse, they should be going up on the website soon.

UPDATE: The trays I was referring to are now listed on our website, here is a link: http://www.uscutter.com/Flatbed-Tray-for-Creation-PCut-Set-of-2_p_403.html We should be taking pictures of these attached to a machine in the next few days. If anyone has any questions let me know.

I'm not trying to be a dick but seems like if the vinyl doesn't feed right without these parts and you just FOUND them in your warehouse maybe they were supposed to come with the machine.

Good point there.

I assume that since they found them in the warehouse and just overlooked them that they will be sending them out to us soon.

There data base knows who bought a unit and did not get this part that was supplied by the manufacture to go with the unit.

I am sure they will take care of us.

I cant imagine the flatbed thing would be of much use unless you were doing stencil board or something that would crease if it fell over the edge.

The groove is a PITA, I covered mine with tape.  I can see using it for a cutting guide, but I dont want to slice a bunch of grooves in the aluminum piece.

If you dont have one of these, get one.  It hangs nicely on the bars that hold the takeup bag.

BK353.jpg

I'm not trying to be a dick but seems like if the vinyl doesn't feed right without these parts and you just FOUND them in your warehouse maybe they were supposed to come with the machine.

These flat bed attachments do not normally come with the cutter. We ordered and paid for them separately so our customers will have to too. Sorry.

The reason why they just turned up in the warehouse is because we have been moving things around constantly in the warehouse. Since these were not being sold they got shoved into a corner and quickly forgotten about.

Myself I advance the vinyl just beyond the lip. when the job is cut I again advance the vinyl just beyond the lip and use the lip its self as a guide for my rotary cutter, works great that way. Just my 2 cents..

Guest JogaShop

Anybody has pictures on how this should look