Sign in to follow this  
cavediver4

Cutter cuts Lines across the Letters

Ok I have just purchased this cutter new. CTN 630. When I cut letters it will not just cut the letters. It keeps cutting where ever the knive goes across all the letters. I will not lift the knife to go to the next letter. I tried both signblazer elements and winpcsign pro both of the software does the same thing. So when it gets finished cutting I will have lines across all the letters. Can anyone help

THanks

Could be the carriage casing blocking the carriage arm, and not allowing it to lift as it should. Maybe remove the carriage casing, and then try again, with either program. Could also be that you have too much blade exposed.

I have more information I just tried a different computer a lap top and  using the same sofware and same usb cord it makes the cuts the way it should, I did not ajust anything. But i really need to use the other computer. Could it be a usb thing. I'm hooking them up the same. The lap top is using xp pro just like the desk top. The desk top is a newer computer it only has usb and no seriel port. Strange

mith

Yea, maybe something on the desktop does not like the USB drivers. You could add a 9-pin Serial port to your desktop for about $10, to give you a Serial port.

Same here, I had issues using USB when switched to Serial all my problems were solved.