kenimes

Alright, so I am at the Urologist

Surgery Feb. 11th. Just going to take the damn thing out before it spreads, so the doc says the car accident was indeed a possible life saving blessing. Usually do not have symptoms until it has already spread and may be too late, so to find it this early, by chance....amen.

Im too damn young to have cancer....this is weak. Upsde is that I am almost forced to diet and quit smoking, and I do have a backup kidney. Whew...

:huh:

Good for you,Ken...for looking at it the right way! My heart attack saved my life and the accident probably saved yours. My poor sister-in law had pacreatic cancer but it wasn't discovered until it was too late.She was 47 when she died.And a kinder,sweeter,more loving person,there never was.

If my illness has taught me one thing...it's that instead of looking at the bad side, you should count your blessings. And you already seem to have realized that.

My own mother is a 20 year cancer survivor and is strong as a bull and healthy as a horse at 85.

You,me,my mom,and many others...got the second chance that many do not get. I have a good feeling about you and am confident that all will be well. And by Feb 12, I should be strong enough to pitch in along with Levi and the others to take up the slack while you are away.

You have many more friends here than you know (as I have realized in my own case) and we are all pulling for you.

Ken, first I'm in total shock....but glad to hear they caught it early and soon you will be doing much better.

You will be in our thoughts and prayers!!

(hugs)

Jenny

Thank goodness for the accident (in a way)

most us males are the same in we ignore little ackes and paines.

the find out we should seen a doctor alot sooner.

Our thoughts are prayers are with you.

Get it over with and atrong again.

darrell

Hey Ken sorry to hear about that!! I hope it all goes well.

Just think mabye you will get some cute nurse  :thumbsup: If there

really cute call me Vancouver is pretty close :thumbsup:

take care!!

Keith

take care!!

Keith

Only if you bring me a pair of Canucks tickets, so I can take the pretty nurse to a game! Box seats, please.

Thank you

:thumbsup:

take care!!

Keith

Only if you bring me a pair of Canucks tickets, so I can take the pretty nurse to a game! Box seats, please.

Thank you

:P

:thumbsup: HELLOOOOO isn't Ken married??

take care!!

Keith

Thank you

Nope, but I do have a son about to turn 3.

:)

take care!!

Keith

Thank you

HAH! Hes probably more scared of marriage than the cancer!

LMAO you two. OOOOK then we'll let ya date the nurse  :thumbsup:. Marriage is a good thing.....as long as you marry your best friend. Otherwise I could see why you'd think of it as a life's sentence. No need to be scared.

Hmmm , Ken shows his intelligence with his fear of Marraige  :thumbsup:

double Hmmm . If I had married any of my best friends thru-out my life , I would have never had kids & it was illegal in those days ..........  :thumbsup:

Ooooo Rodger what ARE we going to do with you?? :thumbsup:

It works for me even after 28 yrs (inc dating).....Don't scare the poor guy, he has enough on his mind. Now back to the vinyl scraps and pixie dust :thumbsup:

Ken...Ken...Ken OMG...how terrible and scared you must be feeling. Please know you have people who are pulling for you here and also like Duke said, my husband is functioning with one Kidney and to my regret have to say he still smokes and LOVES his beer, but I am leaving it to God to deal with those issues otherwise I would go nuts everytime I see him doing either one of those things.

Good Luck sweet-heart and be strong...maybe, just maybe it's a blessing in disguise(to get you to quit bad habits before it's too late) ...take HEED and do not ignore what your body is telling you Ken...Your body is your temple and you only get one shot my friend.

Love and Peace coming your way Darlin'

DazzelMe

Ooooo Rodger what ARE we going to do with you?? :thumbsup:

It works for me even after 28 yrs (inc dating).....Don't scare the poor guy, he has enough on his mind. Now back to the vinyl scraps and pixie dust :thumbsup:

Hey Tory  :thumbsup: , I just had the 30 year aniversary & we dated 5 years before that . I married the 1rst gal that I held hands with & it;s been great . We are good friends also , but never have been best friends . Too much different in likes as far as hobbies etc . I would never want to live with or in the same house as any of the best friends I've had & when I wanted to go riding/racing motorcycles , drinking , shooting pool etc , it always was with a buddy .  Marraige is great IF you find someone compatible enough .

Congrats Rodger! Nowadays you always hear bout those that give up. I know what you are saying. My husband and I have other interests too but always seem to be together. Much to my daughter's (20s) nausea as well. She informed me that just wasn't normal to want to spend that much time with the same person lol. I guess whatever works for you and you seem to have found the right combo.

From my experiences (admittedly limited in comparison to yall) it seems to be a different recipe for everyone, that is where the difficulty seems to lie.

LOL Levi, just never give up! And hey, that's half the fun right? Gotta stay in the game.

I am actually working on giving up right now :thumbsup: I am in a 5 year relationship and I am only 21! Kill me now.

yes, but you have your whole future ahead of you. many good times to come.

bb

I am usually pretty good with rolling with the punches, its those first few weeks that really suck. Hardly got any sleep last night, on top of worrying about losing a kidney....blah

At least Super Bowl weekend is here!!  Woot!

Perhaps I should catch the game at the local Hooters...

:thumbsup:

Ken it does seem to come in waves unfortunately. You seem to have had your fair share. I hope things turn around for you real soon. You are too young to stay down for long. OOOOOOOk since it isn't your heart we'll let ya go to Hooter's, that should cheer you up! Not too much drinking though, bad for the kidney. Take care, we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

If they are taking it out anyway... you might as well, give it a run for it's money before hand!

In all seriousness, I was scared to death at just having shoulder surgery earlier this month... I can only imagine trying to deal with this, Ken. My thoughts and prayers will be with you, bud.

Ken,

I wish you the best buddy. My good friend played reciever in the all american high school football game year before last, one year after having one of his removed. I think things are going to work out. Ill keep ya in my prayers buddy.

Peace and chicken grease!