Sign in to follow this  
NVInc

Anyone have or seen

just asking if anyone has or seen or is it worth buying SAi Flexi 8 training DVD FlexiSign vinyl cutter sign ? Just to learn the thing that may be missing . It seems the the classes dont come near Maryland

The one produced & sold by Mark Rugen, at www.givemehelp.com was very helpful for me, he sells it at his website for about $200, I found it on ebay for $100, he has one authorized reseller, according to him.  Here is a like to a demo of the disk http://www.givemehelp.com/fullflexi8demo.html

Hope this helps.

D

most definitely !!

It has about 10-14 hours of training, I spent most of a Saturday and part of a Sunday going over the material, I would play a lesson, and if I didn't fully get it, I would replay it, try what I learned, and continue on, I had read and printed the entire manual previously, but this was way better, I'm not sorry I spent the money.  After going over the training, I was showing tips to others that had used the product for years, I feel I have a better grasp on it now.  I had also read the entire manual for Sign Blazer, The disk covers most aspects of the program, but I have still learned more just by using it, in both the manual and the video, I can tell you that there are things that are not covered, such as what does this button here do?  Amazing such a product, and poor documentation.  I realize that a book would be 2-3 inches thick if all aspects were covered, but geez, when you have a product this complex, one needs that information, I have also learned little tricks from others on this board. 

Well worth the hundred bucks I spent on it.

FYI - The disk "phones home" so if you get a pirated copy, you will likely get caught if the computer has internet access, that is the only thing I don't like about it but one has to cover their intellectual interests, I understand that.  I logged into my router and was able to watch the traffic generated by the program.  But I suppose allot of software actually does that, most people don't realize it or know it is happening, but there is a warning when you start the program, to make you aware of the fact.

I think Mark sells it on his website for about 200 dollars, it is sold thru Fellers for 179 and I bought mine off of ebay here is  a link to the product I bought and the seller http://cgi.ebay.com/SAi-Flexi-8-training-DVD-FlexiSign-vinyl-cutter-sign_W0QQitemZ280305536573QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Software?hash=item280305536573&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318  I would suggest that you watch the demo of the disk, and then decide for yourself, the demo takes about an hour, and you will likely learn something from it, it is well worth the time.

D

The disk would apply to 8.1 or 8.5, I have seen both products, I have not seen 7.6 or 8.6 so I cannot give feedback on those, but I would have to guess that they are very similar.

Additionally I would suggest that one reads ALL of the posts here in the Flexi section.  Many members have contributed a great deal of information.

Hey Dylan ,

Does the training stuff have alot of application for the starter version ?  Would you stil say it is worth spending the money since all I have is Starter ?

Thanks ,

Flexi Starter has such limited features opposed to Pro...I would say most likely not. However, just watching the free demo online will teach you some things that you didn't know,even for starter.

Thanks John . How are you feeling ?                       

You are probably doing a little too much without enough rest. this is the most important time , so do what you know you should ,  instead of what you want to do  ;D

Hey all... I have that original Mark Ruben (Givemehelp) DVD that your talking about.  It is awesome and I have learned a ton from it.  I no longer need it as I have pretty well mastered Flexi.  I will sell the original to you for a discount just to help out a fellow Vinyl Cutter!  Anyone interested, please let me know.  Thanks!

-Matt

Don't know whoe you are talking to... but if no one else chimes in, I'd be interested(price pending).

I don't think I am allowed to post a price here, or sell anything on this forum.  I don't want to break the rules.  So if you are interested, please send me a private message.  1st come, 1st serve.  Thanks. -Matt

Hi , There is a section just to buy-sell-swap . I think it would be ok to list the price of something being discussed ina thread ;D

Just paid attention to your member name . We had a walking horse 1 time . what a gait & so smooth a ride . I have about 30 mini horses counting babies & 15 mini donkeys . Aot of fun & work !

I'll pass it around after looking at it  :) After John looks at it , He can send it to you  ;D

I think the cd has 8 hours of instruction . Probably the more you know & understand Flexi , the more you will pick up from the cd :thumbsup: