mac6986

Write Port Error

You don't need to log into the Seiki forum..  It is not a Seiki problem.      It is communication between your computer and Flexistarter.  Flexistarter is NOT a part of Seiki.  And is not affiliated with Seiki in any way.     Flexi software is supported by.  a totally different company.  Seiki only makes the vinyl cutter.

thinksai.com              (This is where you find Flexi support.)

To get to default job properties,  type  some text on your layout screen,It doesn't matter what it is.    then hit cut..  Let the screen change. , Then in the upper left hand corner, It says Properties.  Click it.  Let the screen change,  At the top are 3 tabs,  Choose the one that looks like a blade.  Click it.   There you will find the info.   Erase what ever is in the Packet size, and enter 1000 kb.  Curve Quality medium.  Make sure you click Apply at the bottom.  And OK. 

okj got the packet size changed and curve qual to med.  now how what do you mean by running duplicates. thanks again

That means, do not cut a whole bunch of the same design, at one time.  or you will overload the memory.  And always turn your cutter off and back on between cuts, That will dump the data from the last order. 

Your welcome.

ok the last two posts I did do.  i am not sure what else to do.  i did all that and tried to cut something simple and can not open port  once again

Did you ever uninstall Flexistarter and reinstall it and do a new set up?   You should just start over.  And use a serial cable, or a Keyspan Adapter (Brand Name) for your connection. Much better connection.  Or just contact Flexi tech support.

It is always best to just have your vinyl cutter on a dedicated computer and just leave it hooked up.  You do not need a new fancy computer to cut vinyl.  I stay back on older windows XP laptops.  Cuts fine.