mac6986

Write Port Error

maybe uninstall and reinstall cutter and see if you can choose how its installed as to what port? Might wait to see if any Roland users chime in though.

Do you think if I install xp pro on it would it make a difference? Because right now I have to run this xp mode within windows 7 just to use flexisign(it won't work inside windows 7 for me). Maybe if I have XP on here and not going through windows 7 it will work.

possibly. I only have FlexiStarter10 from the SAI line but it does run on 7

Have you contacted SAI? Or tried to use free signblazer to see if it is the program or cutter?

Have you contacted SAI? Or tried to use free signblazer to see if it is the program or cutter?

I have not. And I tried signblazer but there is not a driver for my cutter (roland gx-500) when I set it up (meaning my cutter wasn't on the list in that program)

Yes,  Flexisignpro 8.1 is only compatible for XP and older.   Was not even Vista compatible until version 8.5. 

Best to find an older computer with XP,  I only run XP, can be found cheap on EBAY. 

• Like 1

What she said. I've got 8 on my laptop and wishing it was XP. So much of what we do in this business is much more stable on XP.

Don't think of it as downgrading, more like undoing windows mistakes.

thanks everyone. I will be downgrading to XP

I don't consider it a downgrade..   VERY STABLE....   I would take XP over VISTA any day. 

I don't consider it a downgrade..   VERY STABLE....   I would take XP over VISTA any day. 

+1 - the next decent one is win7 64bot.  - not impressed with win 8 personally

I now have windows xp pro installed on my pc and flexi pro 8.1v1 but when I open flexisign I receive a error message "Runtime Error! Program C:\Program Files\FlexiSIGN-PRO\Program\App.exe R6034 An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the application's support team for more information"

I didn't have this error on win7

Does your Flexisignpro8.1 have a usb dongle?   Like a thumb drive for memory that goes into the USB port? 

Well, I been sick for about a week or so.  I been cutting a little each day well with what I could.  I have a Toshiba laptop windows 7 and I have flexi starter 8 with a seike cutting machine.  I been having a write port error or cutting 0%.  I am now blocked on the seike forum because I have asked 5 times in 2 weeks why I keep getting an error.  I called Seike but the man who answered spoke to me and when I said I was banned he said it was my IP, too many spammers but I know it is because of write port errors. My question is

what is the easiest thing to fix, I tried to go through this forum but am stumped.  I am new but been around a family member who has done this for 5 years now. They live too far away and out of the business.

Any suggestions.  I am always reinstalling the driver to the cutter.

Also, I am thinking of buying a SC cutter, are there any free programs or can I use my flexi?

Make sure that the com port number matches in Flexistarter, production manager setup.  and your device manager in your computer.   They have to.    If you unplug and replug your  cable, you will assign it a new com port number. Then they will not match.  So in case you are doing that , then stop.    Always plug your vinyl cutter cable in, when your computer is turned off.   Then start your computer and vinyl cutter.

If you still can't get it , Start over.  Uninstall Flexistarter, and reinstall. And do a new set up. 

The Sc cutter is really a Liyu  brand,and is listed on Flexistarter.  .  You don't state, but the Seiki and the Liyu would be better on a serial cable,  serial card, or a Keyspan adapter, that is the brand name...Much better connection than USB. 

QUOTE "I don't consider it a downgrade..   VERY STABLE....   I would take XP over VISTA any day."

I agree but have to add, " I would take Vista over Windows 7 or 8 every day".

QUOTE "I don't consider it a downgrade..   VERY STABLE....   I would take XP over VISTA any day."

I agree but have to add, " I would take Vista over Windows 7 or 8 every day".

Oh my..  I  have Vista, and hate to even turn it on.   I only do to look at that copy of Signblazer that I have on it.... BUT I really like windows 7..  no problems there.  I just use it for messing  around with and using the HDMI for my tv.. and got rid of my cable bill.   It seems very fast and stable.   Never tried windows 8. 

• Like 1

I've had the opposite experience... my copies of Vista are stripped down to bare bones and are very stable.

Windows 7 on my wife computer is another (unstable) story. Sure, may be comparing apples to oranges, but

I've had few problems with Vista. ( I do prefer XP though.)

what about can not open port

I sent you a PM that was copied directly from the Seiki forum tech support ,on ,Can NOT OPEN PORT.   You can also get the same info from the Flexi forum.. SAI.  

I am banned from their website because I have had asked for help more than 3 times and when I called their company they said my IP had spammed them

I am banned from their website because I have had asked for help more than 3 times and when I called their company they said my IP had spammed them

You stated you were banned from the Seiki forum.  Your problem is not Seiki related.  It is communication, between your computer and Flexistarter.  If the communcation is not correct, it cannot send the correct info to your vinyl cutter.    If not using a serial connection, it is always best to put your cutter on a serial cable or a Keyspan Adapter.  (that is the brand name)  or a serial card. USB is hit or miss. My Seiki came with  RS232 to 2.0 USB cable.    Flexistarter has tech support,  They also have a forum...   EBAY ads used as example only.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/B-USB-2-0-TO-SERIAL-RS232-DB9-9-PIN-ADAPTER-CABLE-PDA-/300552907072?pt=US_Parallel_Serial_PS_2_Cables_Adapters&hash=item45fa596940

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Tripp-Lite-USA-19HS-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-to-Serial-Adapter-/160804080791?pt=US_USB_Cables_Hubs_Adapters&hash=item2570ab8c97

Also do this in Flexistarter

In Flexi, go into default job properties and change the Packet size to 1000 kb and the curve quality to medium.   Don't run so many duplicates. Takes up a lot of memory. and no weed lines.  Weed lines take up memory, on the value cutters.

I cant log into to the seike forumns for a week now.  Not sure how to go in flexi to default job properties. still looking in my program.  thank you again