mac6986

Write Port Error

I am using a refine MH871 MK2, windows 7 and flexi starter and I keep getting this in the production manger:

"cant open port"

I've got the baud rt set at 4800 on the plotter and in the program, using com 3 and usb connection.

what am I doing wrong.

thanks in advance

oh yeah I cant even get it to cut anything in the "SURE CUTS ALOT PROGRAM" I do an test cut like they show in the video and notheing happens

post-861-0-10544500-1353032304.jpg

post-861-0-62519700-1353032560.jpg

Make sure your com port # is still matching in Flexi and your device manager,

What version of Flexi is that? Why are you using the Roland driver? and not the Refine driver?

Always best to be on a serial cable or keyspan adapter. USB is hit or miss.

I was using a refine MH721 plotter and it used the roland driver. My version of flexi is 8.5

have you followed all of the instructions here?

http://start.uscutter.com/mh

THe USCutter drivers are in Flexi. If you don't see it, download the Flexi driver pack. in the instructions above.

Follow the instructions above.

Flexistarter 8.5 will set up just like Flexistarter 10

ill need to get a usb cable for my monitor because its tying up the 1 com port I have. thanks for your help skeetz

ill need to get a usb cable for my monitor because its tying up the 1 com port I have. thanks for your help skeetz

your welcome

finally got it figured out tonight. I did like skeetz recommended, went with the keyspan adapter. Plotter is nice, went from a 24"x62" wide cut to 33"x 1800" with the mh driver.

Some times after cutting the cutter head doesnt return to its origin and I have to hit reset. also on a couple cuts, it just did its own thing and stoped out in the middle of nowhere. anybody else experience this?

post-861-0-86994200-1353208016.jpg

Be "nice" if the driver sw reference (mentioned on a few postings)
referred to a "pinned" or sticky posting.

I'm about to try:
http://start.uscutter.com/laserpoint/cutter/driver

from http://start.uscutter.com/laserpoint
from https://support.uscutter.com/hc/en-us

If this gives me headaches, I'm moving to Linux;
http://libregraphicsworld.org/blog/entry/vinyl-cutting-on-linux-the-real-deal

https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=linux+vinyl+cutter+software

then why don't you go try it,,, and stop posting the same duplicate message.  That would be "nice".   The info is in the UScutter .com website.  where I answered on your first message.    Overkill  !!! 

• Like 1

6 post and I think all of them complaining. People will help but you also need to help yourself.

Yeah I read Scott's post after I wrote that. Time for the BAN stick.

Been getting a lot more spammers lately. I wonder what's up with that?

The flexi drivers work like a dream! (see a few postings above)

What led up to the post was a ton of headaches;

The posts I looked at, led off to dead ends for what was needed to get running.

People saying I fixed my problem, then not saying how they did so.

I was looking to cut a 10' baner w/ a LP48 I'd had in mothballs for over 1 yr,

on-site, where I thought it'd be fun to let the client see the job run

(& the avg. Joe walking by- I esp. love to watch kids' reations!)

The guy's a US vet, 30 yrs in the Service, just left Afganistan & is runing for a Governor's post.

Flexi had crashed spectuacularly on the old PC, so....

I started w/ SignBlazer, but every test job was running in odd directions, mirroring, w/o (&w! ) fields being checked.

Corel.. wanted MS net 3.5 to reinstall- oh,no 4 wasn't good enough, (even had the 4 full install on the drive)

& I was on a public site w/o wireless....

Reinstallled flexi & was looking for the drivers- it'd been 4+ yrs since I'd done the install.

I was besieged w/ enough headaches

& wanted to post someting to make the next Joe's life easier.

Amazing how a few whinners are like 1 rotten apple ruining the whole barrel.

Crossposting should be an easier option, if the aforementioned need binki's.

& the links provided are to FREE Linux vinyl-cutting programs that weren't around or nowhere near mature enough to use 4+ yrs ago. I encourage any geek to try out Linux Mint 11 or 15 (mate versions). Drop in a DVD for a live test, w/o having to install.

Per Google's mantra... Don't Be Evil.

Honestly most of the people who frequent this forum read all the post by "view recent content" and I can personally tell you I don't look to see where it was posted before reading so we end up reading the same thing over and over due to your continuous posting of the same thing. This can become annoying when checking to see what's going on in the forum and if we can be of assistance. Not to mention bringing up extremely old posts just to complain about them. Just start a new topic (1) and you will get a much friendlier response than dragging up several year old posts. Glad you got it figured out and back running.

• Like 1

it appeared as spam as it was posted over and over in threads that hadn't had any activity since 2009-2010

Well at least it wasn't a spammer, just an really upset person.

• Like 1

I am having this issue. I am using flexisign in windows XP mode within windows 7 and I cannot get the cutter to work. It's a roland gx-500 and its installed but it shows the port as being usb001 but in flexisign there is no option for usb001 just usb_printer_1 and so on...I have tried them all. I think by using usb_printer_1 or 2 I did receive this write port error but I cannot find Roland in the device manager under ports or any category.

Check to see what port its installed on in your computer device manager in your control panel. Then make sure in your Flexi its also set to that same port. make sure your setting all match between the device manager settings and cutting software setting. I found 1 set to hardware and 1 set to none and cured some issues I had to make them both set to hardware.

Check to see what port its installed on in your computer device manager in your control panel. Then make sure in your Flexi its also set to that same port. make sure your setting all match between the device manager settings and cutting software setting. I found 1 set to hardware and 1 set to none and cured some issues I had to make them both set to hardware.

That's the thing I don't see it in my windows XP mode in device manager. But it shows up in printers and faxes and says online...I do however see the cutter in device manager in windows 7 under Printers though.

Hmmm wonder if the roland is different then mine as far as how it installs. I have windows 7 as well and it shows under com ports and not in printer.

Hmmm wonder if the roland is different then mine as far as how it installs. I have windows 7 as well and it shows under com ports and not in printer.

mine is plugged up via USB

So is mine but with a keyspan. This computer doesnt have a serial port.