Sign in to follow this  
tlzimmerman

Oracle 651 for Window decals?

Hey guys, looking at starting slow when my cutter gets here this week, looking at what kind of vinyl to get started with, one of my main first projects are window decals.  Will the Oracle 651 stay on windows and deliver the 5 year durability or should I bite the bullet and go with the 751 or 851 more expensive vinyls for this application.

Also, from what I am mostly hearing wall decals in Oracle should be done with Oracle 631...and they will be removable without stripping paint?  Obviously it will depend on how good things are painted, but just seeing if anyone had extensive experience with it. 

Guest fivestar

I use 651 for automoble windows, I use 751 for automobile body's (painted area) and store fronts.  I had a wall decal on the way for probably around 4 months or so and I peeled it off no problems at all.  No paint came off and no glue left behind.  It wasn't a huge decal as I wanted to test it to see how it did.

Also, from what I am mostly hearing wall decals in Oracle should be done with Oracle 631...and they will be removable without stripping paint?  Obviously it will depend on how good things are painted, but just seeing if anyone had extensive experience with it. 

Oracle 631 has a matte finish, which is what many desire for wall words.

So the general consensus is windows oracle 651 is a good choice?  If a customer wants to remove it I assume it will leave the adhesive and they will then have to use a razor and some elbow grease to take it off?

With the Oracle 751 leave the adhesive as well when you go to remove the decal?

Guest fivestar

Yes 751 will leave glue behind too, but as you stated with some elbow grease it will come off.