Sign in to follow this  
john!

*sigh* Fellers and Transfer Tape

Hey everyone. I gave Fellers another chance after charging me around $10 for 2 yards of 1 vinyl a while back. Called them to order some vinyl as well as transferRite 1510 clear app tape and they said for 3 15" rolls of tape alone it would be estimated $20 shipping and the warehouse is about a hour and half from me. Once again i had been told that the shipping is made AFTER your order is shipped because USPS has to weight it and calc it by size and weight. So the more i order the more the shipping will be also i was told.  :thumbsup:

I ended up ordering only a 6" app tape roll and a 15" roll and he said it would be estimated $10. The free shipping from them i also was told was a fluke and it can be negotiated but you would most likely have to order alot.

On another note, has anyone had good luck with the transferRite clear 1510? I've had terrible luck with the Rtape's clear choice so i decided to order some transferRite.  :D

Haven't tried it, but I am interested in the problems you were having with R-Tape, because that is what we carry. Terrible luck how?

Haven't tried it, but I am interested in the problems you were having with R-Tape, because that is what we carry. Terrible luck how?

Well, I'm looking to switch from Avery to Oracal very soon and i WILL be getting it from US Cutter, although since i have had Rtape issues i'd have to get my app tape from Fellers if this time around goes good.

The Rtape issues i was having were both my 15" and 5" rolls of high take 76 conform series curling up on the edges after decal separation immediately. I have also had bad issues with the clear choice series not even peeling the vinyl off the backing paper as well and this was the at-42 series.

I have never had one bit of trouble with the R-Tape, I use the clear as well as the paper! Any trouble i did have was operator error...lol! The more I use it, the better I get! I'm not going to switch because it works well for me.

Renee

never had trouble with R tape, Fellers after you have ordered a few times talk to a local rep and you should get free shipping over $75 use to be over $50 but after ups raised rates it went up. Also any time you order just a few yards of a material ups is gonna charge around 8-10 for any basic package and the cost of material from fellers is very high due to the fact that they are cutting that off of a 50 yrd roll that makes it uneven to make 10 yard rolls from.

TransferRite 1510 is awesome.

Fellers shipping sucks.  The first (and last) vinyl order I made through them because they had cheapa$$ Shinerite.   They didnt have all the colors I wanted in the KC facility (closest to me), so they had to ship some from Texas or somewhere.   I asked her what shipping was going to be and she gives me 2 prices, the shipping from KC and the shipping from Texas.  I said "You are double charging me for shipping because you don't have all your catalog stocks in each location?!"  The woman acted like I was crazy for asking.

I am partial to free shipping, even if it means a slightly higher cost of the material.   I hate having to go halfway through the shopping cart to find out shipping is ridiculously priced.  

Well, i also asked the rep about free shipping and he said that's a misconception people have. He said that free shipping is negotiable if you order alot but didn't mentioned how much.

I have never used 1510 before but i think it's what i used in a sample roll from a sign show about 2 years ago but i can't remember off hand.

Do you happen to have any pre-masked graphics you could show me in a photo what it looks like?

I'm also wondering if it has any edge curl and trouble sticking to letters ranging from 1/2" up to 12" tall because it says on the TransferRite site it's made for 2" tall letters and up but i can't see anything under having trouble.

Thanks!

Huh,

I had created an account online with Fellers, so I could look at their pricing.  About a week later a sales rep from Fellers called to size me up, and told me about the free over $75 shipping.  I placed an order with them last week (my first) and what wasn't in the Denver location, they shipped in from Arizona, to my door, at no extra charge.  Works for me!  Maybe you need to hook up with a sales rep somehow.

I'm setup with free shipping over $75.  I remember I just had to ask and they set it right up with no problems.

Alittle update.

I called Fellers today because i was out of my office all day and they said they couldn't find my packaging in the tracking and wanted ME to call UPS with the tracking numbers to see what the issue was  :)

About 6 hours later i was back at my office and i had gotten the package. 1 15" roll and 1 6" roll was shipped for $9.77 from my local warehouse about a hour and some change from me. Now that's not bad but i don't appreciate how some are getting free shipping and others like myself aren't.

I asked yet again about free shipping and the lady told me that only after you start to be a regular customer the $75 free shipping happens. I also asked well what does a regular customer consist of and she said "i can't tell you because i don't know"

:huh:

On another note, i LOVE the 1510 and it sticks to small letters perfectly, i weeded out a 6.5x1.25" sticker for a test and it came off the backing fine and did not curl  :huh:

Hey everyone. I gave Fellers another chance after charging me around $10 for 2 yards of 1 vinyl a while back. Called them to order some vinyl as well as transferRite 1510 clear app tape and they said for 3 15" rolls of tape alone it would be estimated $20 shipping and the warehouse is about a hour and half from me. Once again i had been told that the shipping is made AFTER your order is shipped because USPS has to weight it and calc it by size and weight. So the more i order the more the shipping will be also i was told.  :)

I ended up ordering only a 6" app tape roll and a 15" roll and he said it would be estimated $10. The free shipping from them i also was told was a fluke and it can be negotiated but you would most likely have to order alot.

On another note, has anyone had good luck with the transferRite clear 1510? I've had terrible luck with the Rtape's clear choice so i decided to order some transferRite.  :huh:

Your not the only one who who has had trouble with R-tape....  I don't like any of it.  the clear is terrible for water and is pretty sticky.  The other rtape is terrible for water and comes off terribly.  I wish I was told this in the beggining.  Have you tried perfect tear plus?  nice stuff works like it should

Hey everyone. I gave Fellers another chance after charging me around $10 for 2 yards of 1 vinyl a while back. Called them to order some vinyl as well as transferRite 1510 clear app tape and they said for 3 15" rolls of tape alone it would be estimated $20 shipping and the warehouse is about a hour and half from me. Once again i had been told that the shipping is made AFTER your order is shipped because USPS has to weight it and calc it by size and weight. So the more i order the more the shipping will be also i was told.  :)

On another note, has anyone had good luck with the transferRite clear 1510? I've had terrible luck with the Rtape's clear choice so i decided to order some transferRite.  :huh:

Your not the only one who who has had trouble with R-tape....  I don't like any of it.  the clear is terrible for water and is pretty sticky.  The other rtape is terrible for water and comes off terribly.  I wish I was told this in the beggining.  Have you tried perfect tear plus?  nice stuff works like it should

I have been using R tape 4075 confrom LRA for years with no problems, in fact it is now the only paper tape I use. I use R tape clear conform. You should not use clear tape when doing wet install though.

Jon

I would not have been using clear rtape for wet applications if it did not tell me to do so on this website when you go to buy it but I noticed they changed it and it don't say anything about wet apply any more here

I would not have been using clear rtape for wet applications if it did not tell me to do so on this website when you go to buy it but I noticed they changed it and it don't say anything about wet apply any more here

The "don't use clear on wet apps" is really an industry thing  :huh:. The longer you are in the sign making industry the more you learn what works best.

jon

I also have the free shipping on $75 orders and over and got it on my first order. I have also found that the prices are more than the  produt plus shipping from some other places. I do like the next day delivery when I need it though so I'll continue to use fellers most of the time.

I guess I'm just lucky I only live 5 minutes from the warehouse.  When I call my order is usually ready within a half hour.  I would normally order from somewhere like uscutter, but the convenience and lack of shipping costs make it too good to pass up.

Yes, uscutter has the best shipping prices that is for sure and good prices on what they carry!  Unfortionatly for me they don't sell the items I now use.

might want to contact ken, i know before he has mentioned being able to get other things.  i think they'll price match as well.

Ken Is a great guy BUT, the people in sales don't alwas live up to his expectations. I do like their prices ( bought my cutter and siser ezweed from them) and the shipping can only be beat by free shipping. Even local pick up would cost more unless you happen to be driving near a local supplier during their business hours. I don't think they will be a direct competition for Fellers for a while but if they have what I need/want I will call on them again. If you read this guys, check on the siser puff material will ya? Thanks.

Terry

I have both brands of clear transfer, the r tape has a smoother feel to it, and its a little more transparent. Both seem to be working good for me.

I have applied a couple decals wet with the clear tape only because I don't have any paper tape on hand, it worked out ok, but you have to go light on the solution you use.