Sign in to follow this  
kenimes

Offset for Flexi

Customer is running 7.6v2 and would like to know where the offset is set within Flexi. I have seen suggestions of setting it to .010, but cannot see where in Flexi to change that setting. Also, the resolution setting.

Please,

Thank you

Guest fivestar

Production Manager......setup.....default job......then the knife icon.....BTW, mine is set at .020

fivestar... what kind of cutter are you using?  I've got a Refine MH721 and my knife offset is set at 0.020 as well.  I notice when cutting a job (only cutting text so far, working my way up to more complex tasks) that the parts to be weeded always seem to be attached at some point, I suppose where the knife starts and ends its cut for that letter or portion thereof.  I'm wondering if changing the offset will eliminate those last little tails... if so, what direction does it have to go, higher or lower?  And what, exactly, is the "offset"... is it the distance that the actual cutting edge trails the center of rotation of the blade?  Is there a place in Flexi that allows for a slight "overcut", ie, for the knife to slightly go beyond  its starting point for each cut?  Everything else seems to be just fine and if I could solve this last little problem I'd be a happy camper (for a complete newbie).  TIA for the help.

Guest fivestar

Sorry I just seen this post, I am running the same cutter as you and yes moving the offset would help with that problem.  Going up higher will close it ie: .025 and then working your way down to the exact offset should do the trick.

I found the offset in the default job and noticed that the little checkbox wasn't checked, so even though there was a default offset of .020 in the offset box it apparently wasn't active.  I put a checkmark in the check box and it looks like the little connections are gone, as weeding is much smoother now than it was before.  I can't believe I didn't notice that, but I saw the number in there and assumed it was active... didn't even give the fact that it was greyed out a second thought.  Much happier today.  <M>

Guest rvgraphixs

WOW! That worked great for me, I have been dealing with that for a bit now. Thanks

www.rvgraphixs.com

I'm using Flexi 7.6 and mine cuts better with the knife offset grayed out with Laserpoint 24.

Grayed out I can cut 1/8 inch letters cleanly

Guest Terry

Mines at 0.25 refine, Flexi 7.6 or how ever you write 25. ;)