Sign in to follow this  
mustangconv85

Free samples of Siser

I just got the 'Rice Bowl' sample :) 

At least they sent a color chart  :huh:

same here :huh:

Im gonna be a rebel and take all my letters off and spell sumthin else then! lol

got mine too how are those samples going to tell you if you like how the stuff cuts and presses if it is already done for you

Oh well, dont sit and wait for it. I promise you its not worth it lol. Its DOOKIE! :thumbsup: .... Its like they had a box full of these made up transfers that nobody would buy, so they said...hey, lets give them as samples!! ;D

LMAO i know exactly how every body feels that has recieved there samples im still laughing i got the same as others but the only good thing i could say is i personally enjoy working with sisser i guess i was just expecting something better than that lol ;)  yeah oracal samples rock

I got my sample the other day.  I wanted to see it it could be printed on with one of my printers.  How can I tell with this sample.  I wasn't really looking for a freebee, rather a test on the product.  I guess I'll never know.

Gary

I know a lot of people are disappointted at what they are getting from Siser as samples... but to be honest, I think we(well, a lot of us) have gotten spoiled by recieving full rolls of free vinyl and full yards of free heat press material over the last year or two. If continued at that rate, these companies would be out of business before too long.

I personally think what they are sending out is more than enough for someone to judge the product to decide if they want to purchase it or not.

I understand that, but It would have been nice to have at least a little square to print on. I would think that is the idea of a sample.

Gary

I understand that, but It would have been nice to have at least a little square to print on. I would think that is the idea of a sample.

Gary

Just the other day I went into a clothing store, found a shirt I really liked, asked the clerk if It washed well she said I dont know. I requested that I be able to take it home and wash it before i decide to buy it,  she didnt like that idea...lol. :thumbsup:

I'm just kiddin!!

I use siser all the time  but have never printed on it, I didnt know you could do that with it.

Renee

I would think that is the idea of a sample.

Gary

When you go to a paint store, you get a "paint chip", not a tube of paint to test, right? The siser sample shows what the product is capable of doing.

This is how I see it.

sample: a small item that shows off a product.

freebie, handout, test strip: a small item that allows one to use a product.

I'm not one to fill out numerous requests for just to bolster my supply of products.  I'm sorry you got that idea. I understand the need to profit from my product, and that isn't to rip other people (suppliers) off.  I have never done that.

In the future I will continue to read posts as before but will hold my opinions to myself. 

Gary

Gary

When you go to a paint store, you get a "paint chip", not a tube of paint to test, right? The siser sample shows what the product is capable of doing.

This is how I see it.

But they call those paint chips, not samples. When you go to Costco on Saturday and they have all of the samples set up do they give you a picture of the food?

Gary... please don't get offended, I was simply trying to give examples, and explain that a "sample" isn't always a rare material that you can work with.

Gary

This is how I see it.

But they call those paint chips, not samples. When you go to Costco on Saturday and they have all of the samples set up do they give you a picture of the food?

LOL!! you are so right! I was really only having fun when I posted my want a shirt to try thing. I was very disappointed in my sample of siser actually because i have been getting samples of oracle etc and that you can actually try out. I got something the other day from one company and it was a heavy 30 inch roll of vinyl, i think there is like 5 yrds on the roll, and this was a FREE SAMPLE.  i guess a sample means something different to everyone. I for one would be very disappointed  to get a picture of food at Cosco, or here SMELL this but nothing to taste!

Renee

Gary

This is how I see it.

LOL!! you are so right! I was really only having fun when I posted my want a shirt to try thing. I was very disappointed in my sample of siser actually because i have been getting samples of oracle etc and that you can actually try out. I got something the other day from one company and it was a heavy 30 inch roll of vinyl, i think there is like 5 yrds on the roll, and this was a FREE SAMPLE.  i guess a sample means something different to everyone. I for one would be very disappointed  to get a picture of food at Cosco, or here SMELL this but nothing to taste!

Renee

I agree that we have been spoiled by some of the "Samples" given out. I wasn't expecting a roll but something that you could at least try out would have been nice. I think Oracal is a good example of what I expected. They sent out 8-1/2" x 11" sheets of material. It is big enough that I can cut something out of it and see how it weeds and so on. Harbor Sales is on the other end of the spectrum. I think I got 8 boxes of vinyl from them and the smallest was 15" x 10 Yds. Some of it I will never have use for.

Gary

This is how I see it.

Renee

I agree that we have been spoiled by some of the "Samples" given out. I wasn't expecting a roll but something that you could at least try out would have been nice. I think Oracal is a good example of what I expected. They sent out 8-1/2" x 11" sheets of material. It is big enough that I can cut something out of it and see how it weeds and so on. Harbor Sales is on the other end of the spectrum. I think I got 8 boxes of vinyl from them and the smallest was 15" x 10 Yds. Some of it I will never have use for.

where do we find these samples that you speak of

Gary

This is how I see it.

Renee

I asked for some Digi-Cut samples from CoastalBusiness the other  day.  They sent small precut pieces that had the name of whatever it was cut into it (like metallic).  I thought it was a great way to do samples.  I was able to take all of the different kinds of vinyl and press it on a test shirt.  Now I have it to refer to in the future and they don't have to worry about people ordering a million test sheets to try to piece an order together for free.

I never even received any samples. Then I just requested a sample again and found this thread. Wouldn't have even wasted my time if I knew how lousy their samples are.

I know everyone has their own opinion on this but IMHO it wouldn't really kill them to give a small 6"x8" sheet so you can get an idea of how easily the product cuts, weeds, and presses on. Oracle has been very generous with their samples and I in return have thanked them by buying their products. On the other hand 3M gave me the run around so I wouldn't even think of ordering from them again. Thats just the way it works.

Yeah I emailed siser today asking about samples because of the dead link. The marketing people forwarded me addresses of two places that sell it, one in chicago and one equally far from me. I am in Des Moines, Iowa.