Sign in to follow this  
DanielB

New copam question....

Just got our copam today.  We got it up and running fine and started cutting.  The problem is now that the lines on some of the numbers we are cutting are not connecting.  We just cut a number 8 and the inside circle cut stops in different places.  any help?

Are other numbers cutting fine?  What software are you using?

No all the numbers seem to be messing up.  They are overlaping when you add multiple copies too.  We are using signblazer. 

& or blade setting vs pressure setting  . Reading the SignBlazer section will help ALOT .  :thumbsup:

Here is the file.  These are fairly large numbers.  we cut out our business name in caligraphy font and it did great, no problems.  Do I have speed vs. pressure wrong?  Ive got it at 60CM/S and 110g.

Number 8.SBD

Number 8.SBD

We run ours at 80g and 10CM/S

This will make a difference. If you can give it a try and report back to let us know if it helped or not.

Thanks

Pressure should be good ( I use 120 grams of pressure , more for metallic ) .load some vinyl & press " test " on the Copam itself . Then try & weed it . if the backing is scratched . your blade is too far out . I manually take the blade tool & cut vinyl by hand with pressure . when I get it cutting only the vinyl , I reduce the blade exposure just a tad more . If the vinyl isn't weeding good , not enough blade or blade could be dull . I ruined my 1rst blade because i had it cutting thru the vinyl , backing paper & into the plastic cutting edge . Blades seem to last 4-ever if not abused . spare blaeds are a must . Blade offset should be .25  . If still not cutting correct , try cutting some #'s & in different fonts . All this will gain you experience  :thumbsup: .

Jenny , Do you set the offset on the Copam & in the SignBlazer software or just 1 ( which 1 if that is the case ? )

Rodger, it's offset in the Copam is .25 and at 0 in the software.

Thanks Jenny

I'm lucky to have a friend like you also  :thumbsup:

mission accomplished !!!  :angel:

Well we finally got rolling last night.  The numbers seemed to do better after increasing the pressure a bit.  The problem we are having now it that we can only pring 2 side by side at a time.  We try to do 4 copies when we are in the cut screen and when we cut it wants to overlap the numbers, we increased the x axis and it still does it.  Its a little time consuming just doing 2 then stoping and then doing 2 more.  We would like to be able to print a whole 15' sheet at a time.  Also we have to make sure we loosen some vinyl from the roll or its like the roller cant pull the vinyl from the roll.  I dont know if we need to tighten the pinch rollers or what?  Any help with these issues? 

Thanks, Daniel

The norm is to have more length than cutting unrolled already . I have never adjusted my pinch roller pressure  .

How about making some 2" X 2" letters & filling the width of your vinyl up  ( 24 " vinyl make 10 letters , 15" make 6 )  I use up to 1/2 " from the edge normally , but better to leave extra room for this experiment ) Have you changed any of the settings inside the signblazer software  ( cut screen then set-up ) ? Sounds like you may have the tile overlap effecting your cuts . The tile overlap setting I have is zero . I don't know if that effects cutting duplicates, but worth a try . When you get the cutting blade/pressure part figured out , you can put a pen in place of the blade holder ( so not to wasted vinyl )

The norm is to have more length than cutting unrolled already . I have never adjusted my pinch roller pressure  .

How about making some 2" X 2" letters & filling the width of your vinyl up  ( 24 " vinyl make 10 letters , 15" make 6 )  I use up to 1/2 " from the edge normally , but better to leave extra room for this experiment ) Have you changed any of the settings inside the signblazer software  ( cut screen then set-up ) ? Sounds like you may have the tile overlap effecting your cuts . The tile overlap setting I have is zero . I don't know if that effects cutting duplicates, but worth a try . When you get the cutting blade/pressure part figured out , you can put a pen in place of the blade holder ( so not to wasted vinyl )

:angel:  Rodger's da Man!  :lol: