Sign in to follow this  
mac6986

cr630 only cuts once

ive now gotten my system working but now im having another issue. i can cut anyhting i want. but afterthat job finishes and i go to cut something else, it wont . the project manager starts the progress bar but it sits a 0% and nothing happens. eventually a message comes up that says "Write port error." if theres something wrong with the port then it shouldnt cut at all then, correct?

thats all i can use. i forget what type of usb cable it is but heres a pic

USB_Cable.jpg

also just a little more info, i have to restart the computer to remedy the situation and i still only get the one cut. theres no other ports being used, asside from the dongle for flexi. i just had the computer re-formated and this is the only thing thats been installed since.

nope, ive been browsing this forum and t-shirt forum, and ive come to learn im not the first one with this problem. one person was told to buy a serial port addapter, but i dont have a serial port in the back of my pc.

nope, ive been browsing this forum and t-shirt forum, and ive come to learn im not the first one with this problem. one person was told to buy a serial port addapter, but i dont have a serial port in the back of my pc.

Right, so for $10 you could buy a PCI Serial port card, and add it to your desktop to give you a 9-pin Serial port, and that is the route I would take.

Maybe I was mistaken but I thought mac was saying the CR630 only had a usb port? Maybe not..

This sounds like a software problem to me. The serial connection will probably fix it. My best bet would be that the USB driver is not installed correctly.

Saying he could only use USB, because there were no 9-pin serial ports on his computer.

your both correct, theres only one class b usb port on the side of the cutter and i have no 9-pin connection on the back of my pc. im not sure how the drivers could be installed incorrectly when windows dose it for me. if theres something im missing, please tell me, lol im about to pull whats left of my hair out!,

im sorry for asking so many questions but would i be able to use the intergrated 9-pin monitor port?

Definately a communication issue. Does the CR series have a Reset button ont he control panel? If so, try pressing it after each successful cut, to see if it will let you cut the next.

i am now not getting anything to cut at all. the progress bar comes up in the project manager, goes from 0 through 100 in a couple seconds and nothing happens with the cutter. there is a reset button, that has no effect. if i turn the cutter off, and then try to send a job, the computer picks up that its not there. so its sensing the presence of it, just not communicating to it. nobody from cutterpros has returned my e-mail about up-to-date drivers.

Yea, I doubt you will get any kind of timely response from them....which is a good thing for us.

Maybe unplug the USB cable from the computer and plug it in to a different USB port. This should get it assigned a different COM port #, which might be better than the one it has been currently assigned. Also, plug it directly in to the computer, and bypass any USB hubs.

the setup is directly from the cutter to the rear of the pc. ive tried every usb port i have ( 8 ) and nothing, ive even gone into the device manager and changed the port assignment on it. ive gone through about 20 different com assignments. no results. the chicken scratch they call a "manual" says that most software wont support any com ports other than 1 or 2

Well, usually COM 1 & 2 is reserved for 9-pin Serial ports, and the USB drivers for these units emulate a Serial port, but are usually installed on COM3 or higher with the CTN series we sell.

After everything you have tried, I would be to the point of replacing the motherboard in the unit. Maybe an issue with the buffer memory on the board.

well ive made some progress, only by pure luck. i was going through the settings on the cutter itself, and i accidentaly changed the baud setting. i dont know what it is or what it dose, but i think the setting is 09600 it works and when its 19200 it dosent. its cutting fine and consistent. so for the moment, it seems to be working fine. its set to com 2 direct usb connection. so i really appreciate all the input and thanks ken for trying to help me diagnose the problem. when i get home tomorrow i will be making sure it want a fluke.  :D

Communication rate. So, if you set the Baud rate to 19200 on the cutter, you will also need to set the software and COM settings to 19200- so just leave it at 9600 if that is what is working for you.