Sign in to follow this  
dill

SBE won't open installed fonts

I have installed some other fonts on my computor. i cas see then in my fonts folder along with the fonts signblazer will load> the icons for the fonts that will load have an "o" the ones that won"t have "TT"  All of the fonts will load with microsoft works> any suggestions? :thumbsup:

I had the same thing happen with a font the other night. It wasn't a full featured TTF but MS word, Amp Font Veiwer, and every program I tried it with could load it except SBE. Fortunately I found a similer font under a different name to use.

I had trouble with this also.  Sometimes you have to open the file in the folder before it will open up in sb.  Also, if it will open in Word and other software, check sbe and see if it is at the bottom of the fonts.  ;) maybe this will help

Okay folks... from my experience with sbe when installing new fonts, once I had moved the ttf file into the windows font folder, i had to go to the fonts folder and actually open the new font ttf file. close it, and then restart sbe.

Okay folks... from my experience with sbe when installing new fonts, once I had moved the ttf file into the windows font folder, i had to go to the fonts folder and actually open the new font ttf file. close it, and then restart sbe.

+1

Had the same problem here. I only needed to open it once in the default Windows Font folder.

OK, tried this (XP user) and it still doesnt work....  nothing shows up for fonts in SBE (as far as the fonts i installed)

Make sure the fonts you've installed and are looking in SBE are actual True Type and not Open. Apparently SBE can only handle ttf files.

Fonts were properly installed, and are ttf files.

UPDATE:  I dont know how this works, but I opened SB hotshot, typed opened the text tool, and closed hotshot.  Next I restarted SBE, and voila!  There they were.

So I got her working.....just dont understand why.

Thanx for the help everyone!

GEEZ , & I have always thought it was some sort of way to help start a car ............ ;D