Sign in to follow this  
Rob28x

Ok not having any luck at this...

I am trying to figure out how to take something like this:

knockout-clipart.jpg

And import it to SBD so I can cut it, and I want to keep it multi color. I downloaded Inkscape but am not sure how to use it. The only other way I know is to use Paint to convert to monochromatic, but then it usually messes it all up.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Inkscape will only do single color.

I suggest you visit the Vector Magic website. If you sign up you'll get 2 free tokens which will allow you to vectorize it in color and download it in several different vector formats.

Good luck.  :thumbsup:

That's exactly what I need, but now the million dollar question...

How did you do that?

How did you do that?

That is a secret  :thumbsup: but really, Imagaro Z software works wonders on artwork like that.

Have fun,

Jon

How did you do that?

That is a secret  ;D but really, Imagaro Z software works wonders on artwork like that.

Have fun,

Jon

:huh: ??? :thumbsup:

WOW!!!!! That Software looks impressive Jon.

Thanks for posting the link, I have  Imagaro Z on my wish list.

there is a 20 day Demo on the site also.

www.Imagaro.com

Thanks again

Jack

www.Imagaro.com

Its not cheap.

Nope, but if it saves you time, it pays for itself in the long run. Will have to save my pennies.

www.Imagaro.com

Its not cheap.

Jon what exactly will this software do? Will it take ANY image a client gives you and trace for a vector object to cut? I have an image from a client that I can't seem to get cleaned up. Looks easy enough but giving me the same problems. I try to trace in Inkscape and edit in Corel. Corel tells me the file is locked, and I can't trace in Corel 12 because it doesn't work. Does Imagaro take care of these problems? Like Rob said, for all the hours I waste that amount of money would be worth it IF it actually gives me a vector to work from? Thanks

www.Imagaro.com

Its not cheap.

Jon what exactly will this software do? Will it take ANY image a client gives you and trace for a vector object to cut? I have an image from a client that I can't seem to get cleaned up. Looks easy enough but giving me the same problems. I try to trace in Inkscape and edit in Corel. Corel tells me the file is locked, and I can't trace in Corel 12 because it doesn't work. Does Imagaro take care of these problems? Like Rob said, for all the hours I waste that amount of money would be worth it IF it actually gives me a vector to work from? Thanks

I do not use corel so I would be no help with that. I have taken many scans and vectored them with this. It will do text replacement. You can directly send the vectored image to corel and illy fom inside the program to node edit which I have used with illy. I bought it from the US distributer and an NBM show 2 years ago, so I got got quite a good demo of it. The vectors I get are clean and easy to work with.

Cost wise, Vector magic desktop might be a better solution now.

Jon

Thanks Jon

I'll keep my eye out to check it out at the next show. They say trace works with the upgrade in Corel but I hate to keep throwing $$ that way if I'm going to end up with Flexi later. You have Flexi right? Does that give you any issues with certain files and vectoring?

Thanks Jon

I'll keep my eye out to check it out at the next show. They say trace works with the upgrade in Corel but I hate to keep throwing $$ that way if I'm going to end up with Flexi later. You have Flexi right? Does that give you any issues with certain files and vectoring?

Gif files, its about the only file type that Flexi does not like. Jpg, bmp, png, ai ,eps, dxf all day long  ;)

Jon

Thanks Jon, seems my Corel 12 is not working properly. Had someone look at the same file in a different version and they did not experience the same problems. Since it is cheaper to upgrade I'll try that first. If that doesn't work then Flexi Pro will be on my radar screen. Need a program that gives consistant results. I knew it shouldn't be this aggravating but having never actually seen it perform as it should I had nothing to gauge it on.