Sign in to follow this  
CES

Chrome and Gold Oracal 352- Need some help

I think it's 352, that number might be wrong, but you get the point.

It's very thin material and I'm having trouble cutting it on my Copam 2500. It keeps popping the edge of certain letters up, like when it has to change directions. I've set the blade shallow and deep, I've changed the speeds from fast to slow, I've changed the pressure from 80g down 1 step at a time, and darned if I can get the stuff to cut predictable and clean.

Perhaps something I'm missing? Any tips on cutting these thin films without the letters popping up?

Guest fivestar

Did you try a new blade?  Whenever I cut chrome I always put a new blade in.  Never cut gold so I couldn't tell you how that cuts.  But I know chrome is a _____ sometimes.

Well, I wouldn't say it's "brand new", but it's probably cut for about 15 minutes total. I'll try a brand new one. I don't do a lot of it and I just managed to get around it by cutting a series of extra letters that I had problems with. I got a couple clean ones, removed them and replaced the bad ones.

Lukily I don't do much of it. Having said that, about 5 minutes ago, I got another order for a sign made with it. Rats!