Sign in to follow this  
MitchR

Help

I have just recently started trying to learn the sign blazer software and i am wondering.......if i wanted to take an image that is saved to my computer and import it to sb can you vectorize the image  using the software or do you have to vectorize it on your computer and then import it into sb? I know it may sound like a dumb question but im just trying to figure all this out :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and an image has to be vectorized in order to send it to the cutter right?

Hi Mitch,

Yes, the cutter will only work with a vectorized image.  If you'll do a quick search for "vectorized" in the SignBlazer section of the forum, you will find a good bit of information on using CorelDraw and the free, much thought of Inkscape for vectorizing images.

- K

Aloha e Mitch -

Welcome to the highly addictive forum!

Sign Blazer Elements (SBE) can vectorize, however, it will only vectorize monochrome stuff (straight black & white with no anti-alias smoothing allowed). I find that it's a bit to rigid for vectorizing purposes.

A lot of users here have Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw which are capable of drawing in vector format. If you're like me and many others, then you might find yourself "borrowing" images here and there, but you can only obtain it in raster format (.jpg, .bmp, .tif, etc.), then I would recommend Inkscape. It's an open source software, but don't let that fool you. It's awesome and free! You find a video tutorial on You Tube that forum member, MalibuDragon (former Scion Dragon), posted. It's a very simple process and if you check the Inkscape bulletin board on this forum there are a LOT more questions and answers about it.

Can anyone tell me if it possible to "bold" fonts like you would on a computer? I have tried everything I know and it does not seem to work.  Thanks

Can anyone tell me if it possible to "bold" fonts like you would on a computer? I have tried everything I know and it does not seem to work.  Thanks

IF YOUR USING S/BLAZER FONTS,WHEN YOU GO TO SELECT FONT PAGE YOU CAN CLICK ON BOLD,ITALIC OR WHATEVER.

REGARDS DUKE