Sign in to follow this  

3D Device made with the Craft Robo II

I thought this was pretty cool. One of our customers recently created this video.

old post but yeah i used to have a program on my computer that turned images into flat cutouts that you could print and cut out and it showed you how to fold it and everything to make the 3d image. people use it to make like halo helmets and what not. add some registration marks and you could do this exact same thing easily

I used to do this kind of modeling by hand. Its called Papercraft. I would print out the designs then cut with a xacto knife fold and glue togehter. I've made several models of star wars items, a working trebuchet from paper, and many other things. Funny thing was I did it while sitting at work. I will have to get some photos of what I've done.

My favorite is the Trebuchet and a R2D2 that I installed LED's into.

here is the program i was talking about to make them and print out the lines to cut and it even labels them to tell you which ones glue together and everything. people make some crazy stuff out of it. i have seen full costumes done by fiberglassing the cardstock and doing all the other preps including painting.